DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRIES
Full/Part Time (Depending on Applicant)
Hours: 25 hours minimum per week
Benefits: no benefits
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The Youth Pastor will lead youth to becoming fully devoted followers of Christ, reaching out beyond the church to engage youth in schools, at extra-curricular activities, and in the community. They should be able to navigate social media, and any other technology that can be utilized to reach youth for Jesus. The Youth Pastor will spend time developing teams to conduct the ministry, and raise up leaders from among the youth.
- An upstanding Christian testimony and character congruent with biblical mandates.
- The ability to connect with and lead students and adults logistically and spiritually.
- A mature and outgoing personality and excellent people skills, including an encouraging, positive attitude and a team-player mentality.
- The ability to disciple students through proximity, service, example, and direct Bible teaching.
- Two years in youth ministries experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred).
- Facilitate a dynamic youth ministry to move the youth toward Christ and develop a dynamic pursuit of Christ.
- Organize and operate Wednesday night and Sunday morning youth ministry.
- Organize and operate an afternoon program to help youth with school, provide a safe and fun place to build community, and develop new relationships in the community.
- Plan and organize in conjunction with the Lead pastor for upcoming events and church programming.
- Plan and organize fundraising activities to fund the annual Student Mission Internship and youth camp.
- Attends all staff and Council meetings.
- Work with current youth ministry team to facilitate the youth ministry. Work with team to enlarge their capacity to serve the youth and develop additional individuals at the church to serve on the youth ministry team.
(Optional Employment Opportunity)
Youth Program Director at Abundant Grace Chinese Church (AGCC)
AGCC meets in the same Location as First Baptist Church of Orangevale
Description of Church and Youth Group
We are a Christian church, and believe the Bible is complete and no part can be removed or added to it. The majority of our members are Chinese-Americans, but English is the only language used in the church youth programs. There are approximately 10-20 youth members in our congregation and their ages range from the 7th to 12th grade.
- To teach and aid the youth members in their spiritual growth and development.
- Teach youth members on one Friday Evening (7-8:30pm) per month.
- Teach youth members on Sunday afternoons (2-3:15pm). One Sunday a month is excluded for a combined service.
- Coach/care youth members on their spiritual development as needed
- This is a part-time position.
The minimum required qualifications for the Youth Program Director position are:
- Have a heart for youth ministry and try best to connect with youth
- Minimum of two-year education in a Bible college.
- True belief in Jesus Christ as Savior, in God, and has been baptized.
- Demonstrated ability/experience in teaching and youth counseling.
- One-year experience in youth program in a Christian church.
$200 /month. It covers the time for youth pastor to coach/care AGCC youth.
$75 /month. Food expense for time shared with youth. Turn in receipt for reimbursement.
$175/session when teaching Friday or Sundays without spouse.
$200/session when teaching Friday or Sundays with Spouse.