PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Serve our families through promoting a healthy vision for Biblical marriage and parenting, and train and equip lay leaders to disciple our kids and youth.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Equip and Train Lay Leaders and Volunteers
- Develop and execute a plan for leadership development and volunteer coordination to support family ministry plans.
- Recruit, equip, train and coach leaders and volunteers for our kids and youth ministry.
- Meet with leaders to provide support and encouragement.
- Mentor leaders to develop relationships with our families, youth and kids outside of regular programs/events.
- Work with rest of the ministry staff to identify and cultivate future lay leaders in family ministry programming.
Plan and Coordinate Programs (Kids and Youth)
- Work with Senior Pastor and elders to develop a ministry plan that best disciples our kids and youth.
- Oversee the scheduling and work of volunteers who serve our kids and youth in weekly programs and for special events.
- Regularly communicate with our leaders, volunteers and families in the kids and youth ministry areas.
- Build a strong discipling relationship with our parents, youth and kids.
- Coordinate childcare for special events.
Plan Equipping Seminars (Marriage and Parenting)
- Plan and promote seminars that equip our people in the areas of marriage and parenting.
- Recruit trainers and speakers for events.
Plan Events for Families
- Plan events for our families and congregation that are relationally oriented.
- Create environments for connection and celebration among our congregation.
- Work with Senior Pastor to organize and coordinate regular parent-child dedications.
- Supervise budgets for Families, Kids and Youth.
- Mentor and direct interns who are connected with the Family Ministry area.
- Proactively engage in relational discipleship with members and new attendees.
- Promote a culture of relational discipleship within our congregation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
The governance of First Baptist Church is transitioning to a plurality of elders model of leadership. If the right candidate for this position is also desiring and qualified to serve as a pastor with and under the authority of the elders (as seen in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9), we will change the position title and provide commensurate compensation for that individual. In this context, the job description would also include the following responsibilities:
- Provide preaching ministry to the congregation as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Serve as a pastor and shepherd to our congregation.