Executive Director – Job Description
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the 222 Foundation. The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership and overseeing the administration of all programs and strategic plans of the_noemailanization. Like all executive leadership positions, especially in newer ministries, significant time may be required to_noemailplete necessary goals and objectives. Key responsibilities include fundraising, marketing, student grant-making, and student mentoring. The position is hired by, and accountable to, the Board of Directors of the Foundation with its primary liaison being the Chairman of the Board as a representative of the Board.
1) Board Interaction / Communication:
• Works with Board in order to fulfill the_noemailanization’s mission.
• Responsible for leading Foundation in a manner that supports and guides the_noemailanization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
• Works closely with Chairman of the Board of Directors for_noemailmunicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
• Reports to, and works closely with, the Board of Directors to seek its involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and the overall visibility of the Foundation with all current and potential partners and supporters.
2) Financial Performance and Viability:
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Foundation, including the development of resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the Foundation.
• Responsible for providing financial statements to the Board that accurately reflect the financial condition of the_noemailanization.
• Responsible for submitting an annual budget proposal to the Board that considers the_noemailanization’s financial health and strategic goals.
• Responsible for Financial Compliance related matters, including IRS Form 990.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the_noemailanization in a positive financial position.
• Works with outside financial advisers and/or accountants to process appropriate tax deductibility / donation letters on an annual basis.
• Meets with Donors and prospective Donors to create and foster relationships for the Foundation
• Ensures that all donor records and files are maintained, kept confidential and are protected on paper and/or in a donor database
• Responsible for, and serves as the principal architect of the Foundation’s fundraising programs and activities, and provides its primary leadership.
• Responsible for planning additional fundraising activities and events each year to generate additional funds for the Foundation, including but not limited to banquet dinners, golf events, etc.
3) Mission and Strategy:
• Works with Board and any staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and marketing efforts.
• Responsible for implementing Foundation programs that carry out the_noemailanization’s mission.
• Works closely with Chairman of the Board of Directors and Board for strategic planning to ensure that the Foundation can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of the Foundation’s image by working closely with current and potential ministry partners.
• Responsible for development and monitoring of any, and all, necessary_noemailpliance and strategic policies of the Foundation. This includes, but is not limited to, grant policies, conflicts of interest policies, etc.
• Oversees and implements resources to ensure appropriate operations.
• Responsible for effective administration of Foundation operations.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of_noemailpetent, qualified staff, within budgetary guidelines and Board approval.
• Responsible for establishing the employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and daily operations.
• Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the_noemailanization, as directed by the Board.
5) Student Partner and Mentoring Program:
• Oversees and coordinates applications, details, follow-up and care of Grant recipients and mentors throughout the year.
• Responsible for developing application procedures and follow-up procedures with grant recipients.
• Responsible for_noemailmunicating and coordinating with Board of Directors and volunteer mentors about proper follow-up procedures for the care and shepherding and follow-up of grant recipients
• Bachelor’s degree
• A degree in marketing / business / public relations /_noemailmunications helpful
• Seminary degree, or pursuing Seminary degree, helpful
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
• Five or more years management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong_noemailanizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey the vision of the Foundation’s strategic future to staff, Board, volunteers and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with, and motivate, Board members and other volunteers
• Strong written and oral_noemailmunication skills
• Strong Computer Skills including Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability