The Family/Next Gen Pastor is responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of ministry to children/students (from birth through 12th grade) and their parents. This person will cast the vision and set the direction and pace for a family ministry that is in alignment with the Mission and Vision of LFC and seeks to integrate children, youth, and families into an intergenerational family of God. This will include recruiting, developing, and coaching volunteers, program and event planning, and operational management to ensure a safe, loving, innovative, and spiritually thriving ministry.
This is a full-time position that works closely with other ministry leaders and staff and reports to the Lead Pastor and Board of Deacons.
Primary Responsibilities — Building Relationships
Building relationships with children/youth:
* Provide spiritual direction and guidance to children and youth on an individual basis while maintaining all safety protocols as outlined in LFC's Child Protection Plan.
* Attend children's youth school events and extracurricular activities (e.g., sporting events, dance performances, etc.), serving as the face of LFC in the community.
Building relationships with families and church family:
* Regularly participate in Sunday morning worship service (when not teaching) as well as in small groups.
* Regularly participate in all-church events (family camp, retreats, other ministry events, and outreach opportunities).
* Create a "Pro-Family" culture within LFC by celebrating milestones and partnering with parents in the discipleship of their children
Building relationships with staff, Family/Next Gen ministry leaders, and other ministry leaders:
* Meet regularly with the Family/Next Gen ministry team (leaders and volunteers) for ministry planning/evaluation and fellowship/discipleship.
* Attend and actively participate in weekly staff meetings.
* Attend and actively participate in monthly ministry meetings and annual planning retreats, helping to ensure the alignment of calendars and budgets with all ministries.
Secondary Responsibilities — Ministry Leadership
Lead a team of Family/Next Gen leaders:
* Develop and implement an ongoing leadership plan to recruit, train, equip, shepherd, and empower leaders and volunteers who have diverse gifts and personalities to accomplish the vision of the Family/Next Gen Ministry
* Plan, promote and run programs to include Sunday mornings, mid-week, and intermittent events (camps, vacation bible school, etc.) throughout the year.
* Write, oversee, implement, and review an annual ministry plan, which should include fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism opportunities.
* Work with ministry leaders to select and/or develop programming and curriculum to comprehensively grow the ministry.
* Schedule and facilitate regular child abuse prevention training and background checks for all leaders and volunteers and maintain accurate and thorough records.
* Communicate regularly with children and students, parents, and volunteers utilizing a variety of methods, including social media and personal interaction.
* Develop and oversee children's and youth ministry budgets; oversee the collection of fees, scholarships, and other financial matters related to events and trips.
* Other duties as assigned.