Crossroads Christian Fellowship Big Fork is currently seeking a Lead Pastor.
Strategically positioned in one of the most beautiful communities in America and fastest growing communities in Montana, Crossroads Christian Fellowship is excited to continue leveraging its history of high impact missional leadership to transform their community and beyond for the cause of Christ.
This year Crossroads Christian Fellowship will celebrate it's 25th anniversary and with its rich history as a regional church, Crossroads Christian Fellowship has grown into passionate, caring, generous and fun community, well-positioned for growth and expanded outreach.
Crossroads Christian Fellowship is excited about partnering with their new Lead Pastor to be a relevant, multiplying community where people are encouraged, equipped and empowered to impact families, homes, business and schools by the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Role: The Lead Pastor will provide the primary leadership for the Crossroads Christian Fellowship. He will acknowledge that his work is enabled by the Holy Spirit, supported by prayer, guided by Scripture, and carried out in the name of Jesus Christ for the glory of God the Father. As a member of the Elder Board, and as an overseer/shepherd, he will provide Biblical direction and leadership so that members are built up in faith and maturity to become more like Christ.
Qualifications: The candidate should have the following personal, leadership, skills, and experience -
- Is a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ with well-established patterns of personal prayer and Bible study
- Lives a life above reproach in spiritual maturity, honesty, integrity, and personal holiness in accordance with the biblical qualifications for an elder as outlined in Scripture (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
- Displays a passion for studying, learning, teaching, and preaching God's word to build up Christ's body
- Shares the Gospel regularly while encouraging and equipping others to do the same (2 Timothy 4:5)
- Committed to discipleship, desiring that believers continually mature in their relationship with Christ
- Has strong gifts of leadership, teaching, administration, organization, and time management
- Relates well to others - truly enjoys and connects well with people
- Teachable heart, humble attitude, flexible and adaptable
- Functions as lead preaching/teaching pastor who dynamically communicates the Word of God through expository preaching and practical application
- Has overall responsibility for public worship services
- Participates as a member of the Elder Board and is accountable to the Elders
- Leads staff meetings and shepherds the staff, providing servant leadership training and modeling collaborative team-building skills
- Provides leadership to organize and develop the ministries of Crossroads Christian Fellowship and trains ministry leaders and volunteers to implement ministry objectives
- Ensures that the congregation is receiving appropriate shepherded and counseling
- Is committed to clear and consistent communication with elders, staff, and the congregation
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated success in pastoral leadership of a large church or para-church organization, including direct oversight of a multi-person staff
- Proven track record of effective leadership and good judgment
- Desire to put down roots in the Flathead Valley area and minister for the long term at Crossroads
- Ability to consistently engage a large audience with biblically-rooted, practical, and transformational messages that are relevant and applicable to people at all phases of their spiritual journey. (Because proven preaching/teaching ability is a firm requirement, the candidate must have multiple video/online samples available for review)
- Master of Divinity or equivalent from an accredited institution strongly preferred
- A proven disciple-maker, who has created and nurtured a culture of discipleship wherever he has ministered
Essential Ministry Wins:
- Healthy, relational team leadership is modeled to the congregation and community by the Lead Pastor and other leaders
- Individuals are saved through the regular presentation of the gospel
- Younger families are drawn into Crossroads as Children's Ministries and volunteers expanded
- Crossroads Church partners with the Flathead Valley area churches to prayerfully impact our area
- The lead pastor and his family settle quickly into the Flathead Valley community and Crossroads Christian Church family
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."