The strong candidate for this position will be a humble, authentic leader, with a clear sense of calling to Palmyra Grace. He will be a relational shepherd and developer with a genuine love for people. He will be a skilled preacher and vision-caster with a firm grasp of the Scriptures and an organized leader who is able to equip and empower people. He will align with the church's stated mission and values and will passionately lead the church to carry them out.
Position Summary: Act as the spiritual leader of the church, overseeing its health and development, and leading its kingdom impact on the community and world.
1. Lead the church in accomplishing the mission and living by the core values.
2. Oversee the staff and volunteer leaders in the creation, implementation, and evaluation of strategic plans.
3. Recruit and train staff members and ministry directors.
4. Work with the elders, deacons, committees, and staff to succeed in their responsibilities.
5. Preach regularly and work with the Worship Director to plan services.
6. Provide pastoral care and perform weddings and funerals for the congregation as needed.
7. Manage the church budget in cooperation with the Deacon Board.
8. Honor the church's history and traditions.
Qualifications & Skills
1. Vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Meets the biblical qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1)
3. Resonates with the current mission and values
4. College degree in theology or related field (Masters degree preferred)
5. At least ten years experience in pastoral ministry
6. Proven track record of recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing volunteers
7. Proven ability to mentor leaders
8. Gifted and experienced in preaching and vision-casting
9. Skilled in managing staff and ministry operations
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Hourly Commitment: 50 hours per week
Contact information: email@example.com
Mailing Address: 396 Ecker Dr. Lititz, PA 17543
Phone Number: 717-586-8718