Church of the Chimes
San Jose, CA
Category: Senior Pastor, Lead Pastor
Posted on: February 10, 2023
Church of the Chimes is looking for a skilled spiritual and_noemailanizational leader who can leverage our foundational strengths and resources while leading change-- specifically in the direction of discipleship, outreach, and church culture.
The highest priorities for the next season of ministry include:
* Growth in spiritual maturity and Kingdom vitality as well as increase in attendance and involvement.
* Special emphasis in reaching and discipling new young families and young adults.
* Strategic focus on building a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic body of believers that reflects the area surrounding our mission post.
* Building a church culture of volunteer-driven ministry.
* Increase in congregants' involvement and dedication to biblical literacy, Life Together, and Belonging through outreach-focused Life Groups.
* Nurturing and improving Staff and Consistory's resilience, alignment, effectiveness, & spiritual growth.
The lead pastor of Church of the Chimes, along with the elders and deacons, will have primary responsibility for leadership, strategy, vision-casting, shaping staff and church culture, and advancing mission. The lead pastor will help develop and care for a growing Life Together body of believers and seekers and expand Church of the Chimes' ability to transform lives and_noemailmunities in the surrounding_noemailmunity and greater San Jose area. Furthermore, the lead pastor will supervise, coach, and empower a team of skilled pastors and staff to ensure the implementation of vision and mission through ministry.
This pastor will be a strong leader, driven to achieve and exceed mission objectives. The lead pastor will continually seek the leading of the Holy Spirit (Psalm 143:10) and strive to be a motivational influence for the Kingdom. The lead pastor will endeavor to be a wise decision-maker relying on Scripture (Romans 12:1-2) and sound spiritual counsel of the elders, deacons, staff, and congregational leaders (Proverbs 11:14). The lead pastor will be a vision-creator who champions and shapes the future of the church, conceiving beyond current realities and pursuing ever-larger Gospel inspired opportunities.
Our church has a long and rich legacy in ministry. We were established in San Jose in 1957, moved to current location in 1959, nestled in a friendly middle-class and diverse neighborhood. Our debt-free sanctuary and campus have expanded in the decades that followed. Our commitment to church planting allowed us to launch three new churches in our History throughout the Bay area.
We strongly believe Belonging includes both a commitment to our outreach-focused Life Together small groups as well as joy-filled Kingdom-service in one of our many Team Ministries. In our personal and congregational life we put heavy emphasis on Biblical Literacy, Prayer, and following the Lead of the Holy Spirit
* Seven or more years of experience in lead ministry roles.
* Possesses and is maturing in the guiding characteristics of a Shepherd (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1; 1 Peter 5).
* Has built and led high performing staff and ministry teams.
* Proven results in complex ministry development such as church planting, small groups systems or volunteer mobilization.
* Relational leadership style, exhibiting high emotional IQ in developing a culture of shepherding and care.
* A spiritual leader and skilled preacher teaching/speaking to diverse audiences.
* Communicates effectively with clarity and consistency that motivates others to passionately participate in the mission of the church.
* Readily models humility, vulnerability, transparency, and approachability as a servant-leader.