Clemmons First Baptist Church is committed to making disciples of Jesus and to be His presence in our community. This is a "split" position with approximately 75% of the incumbent's time being devoted to Youth Discipleship and approximately 25% devoted to assisting the Senior Pastor in developing and implementing Clemmons First Baptist Church's Discipleship Ministry. We are looking for an individual who will inspire members of our congregation and community to become fully devoted followers of Jesus with a primary focus on youth and youth families.
1. Youth Ministry (75%)
a. Plan and implement ministry designed to develop youth into mature followers of Jesus.
b. Recruit and train volunteers for effective and efficient implementation of youth programs.
c. Provide counseling to youths and help them realize their individual goals.
d. Administer and plan youth programs aligned with the CFBC mission (e.g. discipleship, evangelism, service, retreats and Bible study.
e. Provide regular training for parents on how to guide their children toward maturity in Christ.
f. Coordinate with parents of youth group members regarding their children's involvement and participation in the church.
g. Assist in organizing and compiling Sunday school curriculum.
h. Participate and contribute to staff and church meetings.
i. Train youth on how to be future faith-filled leaders and set up programs to facilitate spiritual growth.
j. Develop and maintain effective relationships with various leaders in the community.
2. Discipleship (25%).
a. Model the disciple-making process and launch new disciple-makers
b. Assist the pastor in the overall administration of the church's Discipleship Ministry.
c. Develop strategies to assimilate members and guests into Clemmons First Baptist Church's discipleship ministry, especially into small groups.
d. Assist in the development and administration of Clemmons First Baptist Church's Discipleship Development classes.
e. Continually recruit, train, empower and encourage Small Group facilitators so that they are personally growing and equipping future leaders.
1) The Minister of Youth and Discipleship must meet the following personal qualifications:
a. A growing disciple of Jesus Christ
b. A continual pursuit of integrity
c. Humility and honesty in all areas of life.
d. Responds effectively to Pastoral Supervision.
e. Regular observance of spiritual disciplines (prayer, Bible reading, worship, authentic community, etc)
f. A love for others
2) Must demonstrate a clear call to vocational ministry.
3) Must have earned a bachelor's degree in Biblical Studies, Ministry, Youth Ministry or related field. Preferred candidates will hold Master of Divinity degree.
4) Must have sufficient ministry experience in Youth Ministry and/or Discipleship ministries. CFBC is willing to ordain for ministry if not previously ordained.
5) Must be in full agreement with our statement of faith (The Baptist Faith and Message 1963).
Spiritual Gifts (in no particular order)
Essential Competencies and Skills
While the number one determining factor for success in this position is Christian character, the following skills are essential to success:
1) Maintains a humble spirit and commitment to teamwork with other pastors, staff, and church members.
2) Demonstrates ability to relate to youth in a way that inspires them to follow Jesus and possesses a Passion for discipling Youth and their families.
3) Demonstrates ability to produce mature followers of Jesus and a clear conviction that all God's people are to make disciples and seek to fulfill the great commission. Possesses expertise in current discipleship methods and models.
4) Commits to maintaining a learning plan that will increase his or her knowledge and expand their ability to minister effectively.
5) Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
6) Maintains trust and confidentiality and appropriate discretion regarding personal information of the people of Clemmons First Baptist Church.
7) Possesses strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ensures that all tasks are done correctly, thoroughly, and with precision.
8) Possesses strong technology skills and the ability to learn and work with multiple platforms while considering new digital solutions for ongoing improvement.
Salary is commensurate with other churches in the area. A comprehensive benefits package is also provided.
Reports to Senior Pastor
Send emails to: YouthSearch@cfbctoday.org