Peace Baptist Church
Category: Christian Musician
Time Type: Full Time
Peace Baptist Church, located in Cincinnati, Ohio in the suburb of Avondale, is a progressively growing assembly that is enthusiastic about being a "Contagious Christian Community loving people to life through Jesus Christ", is searching for a Minister of Music to assist our church in advancing the Kingdom. We are a growing church seeking a called Minister of Music who will spiritually and musically further our growth through excellent and relevant Christ-Centered Praise and Worship genre of music.
In this role the Minister of Music will be given the responsibility of, but not limited to: planning celebrative and meaningful worship in conjunction with the Musicians, Minister of Worship, and Senior Pastor; select music that supports the sermonic message and biblical truth; regularly introduce new music to the worship teams/church; lead or designate the leader of church worship service; oversee the adult and youth music ministries, rehearse with the musical staff and vocalists; develop goals for the ministry relevant to the church's Vision statement; prepare and teach a weekly Bible study with direct focus on praise and worship; oversee audio/visual ministry; schedule any special musicals connecting to the three major celebrative themes of the church (Resurrection, Christmas, Church Anniversary and Funerals) and other relevant duties identified by the Senior Pastor.
In this role, the ideal candidate will be a stable and mature Christian, a believer in Jesus the Christ, experienced in music and being part of Praise and Worship teams, have the ability to read music and promote cross-generational unity, be energetic, expressive, an open communicator, have a passion for Glorifying God and edifying the saints through Spirit-led Worship and be spiritually gifted in exhortation, teaching and administration.
If you believe that you possess the spiritual gifts and qualifications of this open position, we invite you to answer the enclosed questionnaire and in addition, please submit a 3-5-minute video clip demonstrating your playing ability in chord progression, modulation and the ability to play in two or more keys. The video clip can be a submission on YouTube. Submit your resume and three references (Current/Former Pastor if within 2 years; Current/Former Ministry Team Member; Current/Former Student, Leader or Mentee) online to email@example.com. In the subject line please put your Last Name and First Name. No phone inquiries or paper resumes will be accepted. Salary is commensurate with experience. Travel, lodging and/or relocation will not be provided. Background check is required. And remember.........Peace Baptist Church, is a great place to go to Heaven from and our pastor would love to be your pastor!
1. Tell us how others would describe you.
2. Tell us about your Christian experience.
3. Who is Jesus to you?
4. As a musician, how have you bridged the gap between the various generations and genres of music throughout the church?
5. Describe why the relationship between the Senior Pastor and Minister of Music is important.
6. Tell us about your musical experience and what distinguishes you from a called musician vs. a hireling.
7. What are your areas for continued growth?
8. Tell us about a time when you had a lot of things on your plate and how you managed them.
9. What is your preferred worship style of music and how do you lead this type of worship? Please explain why it is your primary preference?
10. How would you plan and organize a typical Praise Team and musician rehearsal? How would you resolve conflict within that rehearsal?
11. How would you respond to instrument malfunction?
12. Is talent and gift the same? Explain your response.
13. How have you developed other musicians and vocalists?
14. What is your leadership style?
15. What is your training and experience in audio/visual technology?
16. In addition to keyboard and piano, can you play the organ and other instruments?