Christ United Methodist Church
Category: Christian Musician
Time Type: Full Time
1. Plan and coordinate a comprehensive worship ministry.
2. Plan the music content of all worship services in partnership with the Senior Pastor.
3. Lead the congregation in a worship experience that glorifies God.
4. Plan, rehearse and conduct the Chancel / Worship Choir.
5. Coordinate music for special services and outreach events e.g., Wednesday evening, guest
concerts, Hymn sings, church funerals, women's and men's ministry.
6. Coordinate technical aspects of worship services e.g., sound, lights, videos, streaming.
7. Explore and develop opportunities for dramatic, liturgical dance/creative movement and
visual arts in worship services.
8. Help coordinate special music experiences for children, youth, and adult groups.
9. Attend regular rehearsals of performing groups to encourage excellence.
10. Manage the annual budget for the worship/music ministry.
11. Be responsible for the maintenance and care of music, musical instruments, production
lighting, sound, and all related equipment.
12. Ensure compliance with copyright laws.
13. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
1. Must be a believer in Jesus Christ and the transforming power of God's grace.
2. Ability to conduct or oversee choir and instrumental musicians.
3. A minimum of 3 years' experience leading music groups. We would prefer experience in
Worship Ministry leadership.
4. Bachelor's degree in music or music ministry.
5. Seeking applicant comfortable in all styles of worship.