Summary of Position:
The Next Generation Pastor is to exemplify Christlike character and the Biblical qualifications of pastor/elders. He is also to provide biblical leadership, teaching, shepherding, and equipping of CPC children, students, and families to mature Christian living.
Full-time; salary range $55,000-$65,000 dependent on experience and qualifications, some benefits included.
Kids Ministry & Youth Ministry
- Lead and oversee kids programs (such as Sunday morning classes, kids church, weeknight kids ministry programming) and youth programs (such as weekly Bible study, weekly Sunday morning class, weekly youth group, annual retreats, and annual mission trips and/or camps).
- Oversee part time kids and youth ministry staff members.
- Recruit, train, and equip new ministry leaders and volunteers.
- Coordinate with CPC's security team to ensure the safety of the kids, students, families, volunteers, and staff.
- Manage regular communication efforts with students and parents.
- Manage and maintain Planning Center lists of kids, students, and parents.
- Empower and equip parents to disciple their kids.
- Pray daily for the kids, students, and their families.
- Help lead congregational prayer efforts.
Leadership, Preaching, Teaching, & Administration
- Attend and help lead weekly staff meetings.
- Help oversee church communication strategies and practices.
- Help provide general oversight to all ministries of the church.
- Seek out, disciple, and equip new leaders in the church.
- Preach ∼10-20% of the time.
- Help provide leadership and direction for the preaching of God's word at CPC.
In conjunction with elders and staff...
- Help provide direction concerning the future of CPC.
- Help maintain church focus on mission, vision, and values of CPC.
- Help constantly evaluate and adapt structures and practices as needed in order to remain focused on the mission and vision of CPC.
- Regularly and effectively communicate church vision to leaders and members.