St. John's Presbyterian Church in West Los Angeles, CA is seeking a part-time Office Administrator. This position supports the day-to-day operation of the office and the facility, by acting as primary church receptionist, preparing and overseeing distribution of church documents; providing secretarial assistance to the Pastor and other staff members and maintaining electronic membership records.
Location / Time / Rate: On-site , part-time (24 hours per week), $15 - $18 per hour
1. Design and maintain filing systems, perform in-house typing, printing and general secretarial
work, sort and distribute daily mail, organize incoming bills and other materials.
2. Input weekly giving and attendance, prepare yearly giving statements, manage members
information and update as needed, assist congregants with using our online systems.
3. Oversee the reception of people coming to, calling or emailing the church office: take
messages, provide assistance and route communications.
4. Maintain a pleasant and attractive office environment by caring for plants and providing special
decorations, maintaining various church bulletin boards, posting fliers for events, etc.
5. Provide support for the Pastor including secretarial support, answering the telephone, taking
messages, screening calls, providing assistance and routing calls as indicated, interpreting
Pastor's availability, coordinating messages and performing other support tasks.
6. Provide support for retreats and seminars, maintaining staff vacation and sick leave records,
assisting staff, officers and church members as required.
7. Respond to requests for care or assistance from church by making initial contact and
communicating needs, notifying Deacons of needy individuals requesting help from the church.
Comfortable working with online electronic systems and records and able to learn new systems.
1. Working knowledge of the Google Apps suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, etc.) and/or
2. Ability to learn Church Management Software (Church Community Builder).
3. Able to maintain electronic records with accuracy and attention to detail.
4. Proficiency & thoroughness in writing and editing.
5. Good communication skills and ability to deal appropriately with a range of congregation
members and outside groups.
6. Good organizational skills and practices.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree or higher preferred.
Contact: Kevin Ivey, Elder