Reporting to the Executive Director, The Camp Director will oversee day-to-day operations of the camp including oversight of all facilities and personnel to accomplish our mission while maintaining consistent policies, processes, and programming of Twin Lakes Camp and Conference Center (TLC). Our goal is to help parents raise godly children in a secular world by providing an excellent Christian camp experience.
This is a critical role in fulfilling the mission of TLC and requires exceptional organizational, interpersonal, management, and administrative skills, as well as a hands-on approach to operations at camp. This position will require an exceptional ability to take initiative to anticipate and solve problems to maintain the operations of TLC while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
With input from the Board of Directors and under the mentorship of the Executive director, the Director of Operations develops and implements the guiding vision and strategic plan rooted in the organization's stated mission and values. In the spirit of servant leadership, the Director of Operations coordinates and supervises all personnel including the Program Director, Grounds Manager, Food Service Manager, Office Staff, and all auxiliary staff including Summer Camp program staff, counselors, volunteers, and all other employees. The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all guests, campers, and personnel and for assuring adherence to all organizational policies and guidelines.
The Director of Operations will be an integral part of the current ministry of Twin Lakes Camp while also being mentored to be the future Executive Director.
Detailed Job Description.
OPERATIONAL PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
* Act as Resident Agent for Twin Lakes Camp.
* Develop an operational plan that incorporates goals and objectives that support the strategic direction of the ministry.
* Oversee the effective day-to-day operation of the Camp in accordance with biblical principles.
* Ensure the safety and security of staff, volunteers, and campers while on Camp property.
* Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of sensitive data for staff, volunteers, donors, and campers.
* Provide support to the Board by preparing for meetings, assisting with the recruitment and orientation of new members, and supporting Board initiatives.
PROGRAM PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
* Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Camp's programs.
* Ensure that the programs offered to contribute to the Camp's mission and are aligned with short-term goals and objectives.
* Monitor the day-to-day delivery of Camp programs and maintain or improve their quality.
* Oversee the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of special projects or programs.
* Create a spiritual climate for the betterment of staff, counselors, campers, and guest groups.
* Actively engage and energize the Board of Directors, full-time staff, summer youth staff, volunteers, and other advocates.
* Partner with the Board Chair and Executive Director to maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors.
* Determine staffing requirements for full-time staff, summer youth staff, and volunteers.
* Establish a positive, healthy, and safe work environment in harmony with biblical principles and in compliance with government regulations.
* Recruit and retain paid and volunteer staff that shares the vision of the Camp and have the appropriate gifts and talents to further the Camp's mission.
* Ensure that all staff receives an orientation to the Camp and that appropriate training is provided.
* Provide coaching and mentoring as appropriate to improve overall team performance.
* Maintain a shepherd's heart toward all staff and campers.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
* Collaborate with the Executive Director to prepare a comprehensive annual budget, and to provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditures of the Camp.
* Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the Camp.
* Review and approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
* Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed.
* Work with the Executive Director and the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the Camp.
* Follow the approved Risk Management Plan to assure that appropriate insurance coverage is maintained to mitigate the most probable high-impact events.
* Ensure that the Camp complies with all IRS regulations and maintains its nonprofit status in good standing.