Glenelg United Methodist Church
13900 Burntwoods Road
Glenelg, MD 21737
Position available: July 2016
Purpose: To lead congregational singing, to a_noemailpany the church choirs, and to support the worship service with appropriate musical offerings.
Accountability: The_noemailanist is accountable to the Pastor as head of staff, through the supervision of the Director of Music
- To coordinate with the Director of Music and the Pastor in planning, preparing, and playing of music appropriate to each worship service.
- To prepare appropriate music for all requested special services of the church, including but not limited to: Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil, Service of the Longest Night and Christmas Eve services.
- To a_noemailpany weekly rehearsals of the Chancel Choir.
- To a_noemailpany rehearsals of the Youth, Children's, and Cherub Choirs, as needed.
- To lead the congregation's singing of hymns and responses in a way that is collaborative and encourages congregational participation.
- To a_noemailpany soloists in worship, as needed.
- To a_noemailpany guest artists in conjunction with the church's_noemailmunity concert series, as needed.
- To provide weekly special music during worship.
- To play for special church gatherings when requested, and as available.
- To play for weddings and funerals as available. Additional_noemailpensation for these services is expected.
- To work with the Director of Music to provide appropriate substitutes for worship services and other special events when not available.
Leave: The_noemailanist will have four paid Sundays off annually. Sick leave is also available, if needed.
Evaluation: Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the pastor as the head of staff, with the assistance of the Director of Music. The Staff Parish Relations Committee will annually review the adequacy of_noemailpensation.
Annual Salary: $16,000
Please contact Doug Burian at dburian@verizon_noemail