The church is located in a small rural town of approximately 800 people.
Darlington takes its name from Darlington, in England. The post office at Darlington has been in operation since 1837.
The Pennsylvania Rail Road (Vandalia district) made stops in Darlington for many years from the late 19th century up until the 1960s. The right-of-way can still be seen to this day along state road 47 with its numerous wood-pile trestles.
The town of Darlington also is home to the 4th oldest covered bridge in the state of Indiana, being built in 1868.
The church offers a 3 bedroom 2 bath, brick ranch style parsonage.