The Pastor is responsible to the Church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the Biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, and to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life.
1. Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of the ordinances.
2. Present a Bible Study or other study of interest to the congregation.
3. Visit members.
4. Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals.
5. Work with the Board of Trustees, Deacons, Church Officers, and committees/teams as they perform their assigned duties.
6. Endorse and protect the Church's purpose and statement of faith (Hammock Community Church by Laws, Articles II and III.)
7. Recommend candidates for Church Membership.
1. The Pastor is accountable to God and the Church.
2. The Pastor will be attentive to the concerns of the Church members.
3. The Pastor will report and be evaluated by the Board of Trustees and Deacons and maintain regular communication with the Chairperson of the Board.