Word of Life Chapel, located in Marietta, PA, is a non-denominational, family-oriented church that was started in 1953 by a few local families interested in learning and growing more deeply in the Word of God. Since then, we have grown to a congregation size of about 150 members and regular attenders. Our mission is to Build the Body for Reaching the World. As a church, we seek to share the love of Jesus and the message of the gospel both in our community and globally.
The Senior Pastor will be called by the membership of Word of Life Chapel. He will serve as the primary preacher and teacher of the congregation. The focus of his teaching will be to build up and equip the body of believers at our church to become more like Jesus in character and actions. His passion to know and glorify God should be apparent through his character qualities, leadership, and care of our church family.
We are seeking a theologically sound, Bible-based teacher, preferably with experience in expository preaching. This man should be an effective communicator, relational, relatable, and able to shepherd our church family through the post-Christian cultural shift in our society. We are looking for a pastor with the ability to empower, disciple, and mobilize members to serve in roles of leadership within the body of Christ. He shall be a man of humility with a servant's attitude, as well as one who is sensitive to the power of prayer in personal and corporate contexts.
- have a vital and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- demonstrate consistent moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical leadership qualification of an elder described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- agree with the faith and doctrinal statements of Word of Life Chapel as stated in the Constitution, as well as our Mission Statement.
- have earned at least a bachelor's degree in a Biblical field of study, preferably from a Bible-based institution
As the shepherd of the church family, he will:
- equip, exhort, and nurture the congregation through the teaching of God's Word
- exhibit the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- seek Spirit-led opportunities for evangelism and community outreach and engage church members to participate.
- work with worship teams to provide overall direction for the worship services.
- be available to counsel those who seek spiritual guidance.
- perform visitations, while equipping and encouraging others to be active in this ministry.
- encourage involvement in local, national, and global outreach.
As the spiritual leader of the church, he will:
- provide unifying vision and leadership to Word of Life Chapel.
- encourage and train church members to identify and utilize their spiritual gifts to serve others.
- maintain regular communication with the congregation through emails, other media forms and visitation.
- be a team builder working with both staff and church members to organize and oversee the implementation of ministry objectives.
- work closely with the Elder Board, attend monthly board meetings, and serve as a voting member.
He will be accountable to God, the Elder Board, and the congregation for his pastoral ministry, personal integrity, and spiritual maturity.
Resumes and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following:
Word of Life Chapel
139 Wickersham Road
Bainbridge, PA 17502
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."