We are seeking a man who exhibits a vibrant walk with Jesus Christ demonstrated by faith, passion, grace, and maturity, who also meets the biblical qualifications of an elder as outlined in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3. He will also have and MDiv or equivalent education in biblical studies with at least 5 years of pastoral ministry experience. Please read our statement of faith that is located on our website at https://gbcboise.org/About/Statement-of-Faith. Our purpose and vision are listed here: https://gbcboise.org/About/Purpose.
He will possess, or be developing the following:
1. A teachable spirit, desiring to grow as a person and as a leader
2. A commitment to GBC's doctrine, vision, values and beliefs
3. A pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipleship
4. A commitment to a team approach to ministry
5. A proven ability to involve others in planning and decision-making
6. A relational-style of leadership and ministry
7. Able to teach with a love for God's Word
8. A self-starter able to work without direct supervision
9. Integrity that demonstrates the qualities that are represented by the character traits as listed in the Fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23, and a willingness to continue to grow in the development of such characteristics
10. A pattern of spiritual growth that is evidenced by a life of prayer, personal obedience to the Word of God and the proven ability to discern the Lord's will and guidance in decision making
11. A basic understanding of the nature and operation of the church that is informed by Scripture and compatible with What We Believe, GBC's doctrinal statement
12. An understanding of his ministry that is being developed through disciplined times of reading and studying the Word, as well as related books and periodical.
1. Regularly preach the Word of God in weekend services and schedule preachers for all off weeks.
2. Serve as an elder on the elder board collectively helping to set a biblical direction for the church.
3. Plan and coordinate missions and bible conferences.
4. Work in close coordination with the worship pastor/leader to organize Sunday morning service along with any special services such as Christmas eve, Good Friday etc.
5. Give direction and support where needed to ministry teams and leaders.
6. Meet regularly and give direction to the pastoral and ministry staff
7. Provide oversight of weddings, funerals, and other special occasions. Includes responsibility for premarital counseling, etc.
If after reading about Grace Bible Church of Boise as well as our history and ministry focus, you find that you align with our statement of faith, purpose, and vision documents, we ask that you prayerfully consider submitting your resume for our open Senior Pastor position.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Include three references and a current photo of yourself and wife / family if applicable.
Link to 3-5 recent sermons.
We practice Expository preaching which uses objective Bible study principles to extract from biblical texts what the original author meant for his original audience to understand by he wrote i.e., the interpretation of a text.. We believe sequential expository preaching through books of the Bible is, in general, the best approach and should be the main way of preaching. There are other kinds of preaching such as topical, that are sometimes necessary and helpful, but should not be the main source of teaching and preaching.