The American Protestant Church (APC) in Bonn, an international, multi-denominational Protestant church located in the heart of Europe, is searching for a
from summer 2018 for an initial three-year contract, with the possibility of extension by mutual agreement. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
With approximately 180 members from over 30 nations, the APC strives to call the English-speaking community of Bonn to Christ and Christlikeness by serving its needs.
Since the APC was founded in 1952, the multinational congregation has enjoyed continued spiritual growth under the leadership of able and devoted pastors. Besides its weekly Sunday morning worship service, the APC offers a variety of programs and activities such as Bible study and homegroups, weekly youth and children's activities, outreach events, service trips and an annual retreat.
Further details can be found at www.apcbonn.de
Roles and responsibilities
- to preach the Word of God faithfully and appropriately for the church's diverse congregation, inspiring and encouraging sustained spiritual growth
- to design and conduct the worship services, administer baptism or other dedication ceremonies and communion for members and friends of the congregation
- to provide able and consistent leadership for the congregation and three staff members (Associate Pastor, Director of Children's and Middle School Ministry and Office Secretary) in spiritual, managerial and administrative matters
- to enhance and implement the various ministry and service areas of the APC in conjunction with the Church Council and respective committee
- to offer Bible-based counseling for individuals and families of the congregation and the community as appropriate
- to contribute to regular adult education programs such as a midweek Bible study group, Sunday school class and homegroup studies, etc.
- to maintain regular contact with the children and youth ministries and homegroups
- to reach out to people within the local community and the APC congregation, encouraging worship service attendance and pursuit of the Christian faith
- to serve within the church outside of pastoral duties
- to liaise with other churches, both locally and in the context of the Association of International Churches of Europe and the Middle East (AICEME)
The desired Senior Pastor has
- a passionate love for Jesus Christ and a desire to share this inside and outside the church
- clarity of beliefs, mature Christian faith and conduct, including a healthy prayer life
- a visionary, innovative approach to ministry
- experience working in a diverse multicultural church
- strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- excellent communication skills
- English as native language or native-speaker-like proficiency. German language skills are an asset.
Desired qualifications are
- a minimum of a Master of Divinity or equivalent educational qualifications from a recognized seminary
- ordination within a recognized Protestant denomination
- at least five years of relevant work experience in a pastoral position
All interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume and references to the Pastoral Search Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for completed applications is Monday, January 29, 2018.