POSITION: Senior Pastor – full time
AFFILIATION: non-denominational Bible church
218-760-3663 (Dr. Glenn Johnson, chairman pastor search)
24024 Highway 9 East, Cresco, IA 52136-8500
The one called by the church shall provide spiritual guidance as an Equipper-Pastor-Teacher, who mobilizes the congregation in ministry (Eph 4:11-12); who keeps the church Purpose/Vision/
Mission before the congregation, who guards and watches over the flock. He shall lead as one called to proclaim God's truth and as an example of one following God in faithful obedience.
PURPOSE: We will glorify God by preparing people for eternity through a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.
VISION: We will thrive through purposeful service, relational harmony, and increasing maturity, leading to stability, confidence, and cohesiveness.
MISSION: we will achieve our purpose and vision:
through the worshiping community
through the growth group communities
through ministry teams.
OUR INVITATION: To all who mourn and need comfort, to all who are weary and need rest, to all who are friendless and need friendship, to all who sin and need a Savior and to whosoever will, this Chapel opens wide its doors in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to say... WELCOME!
1. Meets the character criteria for elders in 1 Tim 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
2. Endorse without mental reservation the church's statement of faith
3. Understands and embraces free grace theology
4. Demonstrable gifting in the areas of preaching/teaching and leadership
5. A warm, growing walk with Christ
1. Prefer at least a Master of Divinity or equivalent
2. Ordained by a like-minded body
3. Prefer at least five years' experience as lead pastor or equivalent
4. Be able to embrace the church's Purpose/Vision/Mission statements
5. Commit to working within the Pastor-Elder leadership team
6. Commit to working with the church Ministry Team structure
7. Demonstrate capacity to assess congregational health