New Community Church
Student Ministry Coordinator
To assist the Family Ministry Director in overseeing an effective student ministry. The Student Ministry Coordinator is to introduce young people to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ. To assist parents or guardians in raising their students to maturity.
1. Vision: Will support the vision of NCC by always presenting the gospel of Christ in a culturally diverse way, and encouraging consistent growth in Christ.
2. Mission: Will support the mission of NCC by presenting curriculum that is relevant to bringing unbelievers to the cross while at the same time ministers to believers the importance of a growing relationship with Christ.
3. Values: Will support the values of NCC by being strategic in planning events so that the children's ministry remains culturally diverse, at the same time presenting a clear understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
1. Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
2. Supportive of other church staff and volunteers
3. Committed to mission, vision, values and beliefs of the church.
4. Self-starter—able to work interdependently.
5. Must possess_noemailanizational and administration abilities.
6. Able to work with a variety of constituents; pastoral staff, volunteers, parents, grandparents and siblings.
7. Must demonstrate a genuine love and maintain a good rapport with young people.
8. Must be sensitive to needs and pressures of students with knowledge of possible solutions.
9. Must be able to teach, train, and disciple student volunteers.
10. Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
This team member will answer to the Family Ministry Director / Lead Pastor.
1. Oversee small groups (6th-12th)
2. Coordinate service opportunities.
3. Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills
4. Availability to shepherd students in a variety of ways (i.e. visitation, times of crisis, lunch at school, etc.)
5. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a team approach to ministry.
6. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, etc.)
7. Recruit volunteers and maintain good working relationship with them.
8. Willing to be mentored to teach/preach in the adult service.
1. This team member will maintain adequate and consistent office hours to a_noemailplish responsibilities associated with the position.
2. Personal growth will include being involved in a_noemailmunity group, and actively supporting the ministry of New Community Church through the giving of time, talent, and treasure.
3. Paid holidays, sick days and vacations will be allowed according to the policies and procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook.
4. This position is an entry level position with room to grow and develop as a Student leader under the mentorship of the Family Ministry Director and Lead Pastor.
Personal and Professional Growth:
1. Professional growth will include conferences that will expose the team member to new and innovative ideas to better enhance the student ministry of New Community Church.
2. Personal growth will include being involved in a_noemailmunity group and actively supporting the ministry of New Community Church through the giving of time, talent, and treasure.