Student Ministry Director
Time Allocation: Part to Full-time
Accountable to: Lead Pastor and Elders
Salary: This position is salaried.
Overall Function: This individual is responsible for overseeing our children and youth ministry, discipling and equipping student and adult volunteers, connecting to the children/youth/families. It may also include providing care for families.
We are looking for the following four leadership traits:
1. A sense of clarity in their call
2. Intentional communication with leadership and church community
3. Creativity with resources, ideas, growth and vision
4. Models consistency throughout their ministry tasks, as well as with our church's vision and values
We are looking to identify these five qualities of leadership:
1. Character: Evidence of personal, spiritual, missional, and emotional life and health
2. Chemistry: Exhibits healthy relationships with other leadership
3. Capacity: A mature individual who is invested in the tasks at hand, but also allows leadership to speak into their life and work
4. Calling: Clearly called to this work, at this time
5. Competency: Individuals who are confident in their ability and yet continually pursuing and developing skills
The individual will demonstrate:
1. Commitment to following Jesus
2. Love for the body of Christ and secular people
3. Growth toward our Anabaptist convictions and understanding
4. Willingness to become a member of our church community
5. Life of spiritual convictions and disciplines grounded in the Bible
Student Ministry Director responsibilities will include:
Overseeing our children and youth ministry
Provide vision, organization, strategy, direction and oversight. Seek ways to be intentionally involved in the lives of children, youth and their parents. Committed to modeling a culture that incorporates our church's vision and values. Nurture a welcoming and learning environment. Select appropriate curriculum and activities. Maintain safe spaces. Oversee background checks, and child protection policies. Communicate and publish all activities through emails, bulletins, church calendar and social media. Manage expenses and stay within budget.
Discipling & equipping students and adults that work with them
Pray for children and youth. Point children and youth to Jesus by sharing the Good News with them and inviting them to personally respond to it. Prepare them for a life-long relationship with Christ and a love for his word, mission and the local church. Find opportunities for children and youth to use their gifts and talents now by providing fun, adventurous, life-changing and skill-building experiences. Build on the strength of children and youth ministries currently led by volunteers. Invite, train and assign volunteers for children and youth ministries. Provide opportunities to build the skills and competencies of volunteers.
Connecting to children and youth in the neighborhood
Find creative ways to bridge our church to children and youth in the surrounding neighborhoods by being intentionally present (going where they are) and getting involved in the life, families, and happenings of the Mountville community.
Connecting to the families with school-age children
Invest in our next generation. Plan events for the family units of school-age children with staff and volunteers that will point them to Jesus and equip them to disciple their families. Caring for the family (i.e. hospital visits) as needed.