New Life Bible Fellowship
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: January 04, 2018
Mission & Strategy of Student Ministry Director
The Student Ministry Director (SMD) resources parents as the primary spiritual leaders of their students and provides point leadership that empowers, equips and multiplies 7th–12th grade students and adults across our church; to point them towards the joy of and their role in joining Jesus in bringing life to every student within 20 minutes of New Life.
Role of Student Ministry Director
1. To work in CONJUNCTION with the Executive Leadership Team and Elders to implement vision.
2. A_noemailmitted Christian who demonstrates CHRIST'S character and who will participate and engage in the New Life_noemailmunity.
3. Spiritual formation of students is primarily the responsibility of parents, the first goal of our Student's Ministry is to be a RESOURCE for PARENTS toward that end.
4. OVERSEE the entire student ministry department, grades 7th – 12th.
Current HS Ministry Rhythms: Meets Sundays at 11am and Sunday nights with Connection Groups meeting throughout the week, Winter Camp and Summer Camp, Spring Mission Trip, and Fun Events through year
Current MS Ministry Rhythms: Meets Sundays at 11am, Wednesday Night Connection Groups at church, Winter Camp and Summer Camp, and Fun Events through year
5. Provide opportunities for students to SHARE their faith with their friends and providing a place for students to DISCOVER CHRIST.
6. Provide opportunities for students to GROW IN CHRIST by developing Biblical_noemailmunity, authentic worship, and foundational teaching.
7. Provide opportunities for student to SERVE just like Jesus both inside and outside the church.
8. Build a student ministry TEAM of adults to serve Jesus with their ministry gifts.
9. PARTNERING WITH PARENTS to provide tools and resources to help them spiritually shepherd their students.
1. Engage and equip parents through_noemailmunication and pastoral care to disciple their middle/high school students and excite them for the teen years of Spiritual development.
2. In the first year with Children's Ministry Director and Connection Pastor implement Orange strategy and curriculum throughout student ministry.
3. To recruit and lead a ministry team of six high-caliber leader-of-leaders who recruit, oversee, train, empower and release an additional dynamic & engaging adult leader for every 5–7 students in our ministry.
4. To see that 60% of our students are engaged in a Connection Group.
Currently we are at 28%. The goal would be at 35% in one year, 45% in three years, 60% in five years.
5. Create a student disciple-makers team who are trained through increasing experiences of and_noemailmitments to peer evangelism to see 20+% of our students actively engaged in sharing Christ to their peers; currently at 15%.
6. Create a culture and environment so that 60% of our students across the ministry are encouraged, called and enabled to use their talents and time to serve our church and_noemailmunity; currently at 50%.
7. To see our student ministry numbers when they gather for primary programs or groups totaling 15+% of our AWA (Average Weekly Attendance).
Currently we are 4.7% the goal would be at 7% in one year, 10% in three years, 15% in five years.
8. Create a culture and environment so that 40% of our students across the ministry are encouraged to participate in New Life's worship services.
Competencies & Heart
To Fit Within Our Staff
Loving: We engage in one another's lives as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Collaborative: We share and work as a team toward_noemailmon goals.
Humble: We honor one another in our actions and attitudes.
Trustworthy: We are a team where it is safe to freely share ideas and feelings and are accountable to one another.
Prayerful: We pursue God together and depend on him for limitless results.
Hard Working: We develop our skills and diligently use them with excellence.
Fun: We infuse our work with joy and laughter.
To Function in This Job
Leader of Leaders, Teamwork, Strategic Thinking/Visioning, Able to Execute a Plan, Loves MS and HS Students, Clear Communicator/Teacher