Salem Evangelical Church
Time Type: Full Time
STATEMENT OF EXPECTATIONS
Salem Evangelical Church (SEC) expects all employees to comply with the responsibilities of their assigned position to the highest degree of performance by:
1. Adhering to the Church's policies and supporting Management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner;
2. Possessing a strong and growing personal commitment to Jesus;
3. Representing SEC with a high level of integrity and professionalism;
4. Demonstrating willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines;
5. Possessing a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality;
6. Exhibiting a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor;
7. Demonstrating knowledge of and adherence to SEC's equal employment opportunity (EEO) policy and practice by: treating all individuals with respect; displaying sensitivity for cultural differences; educating others on the value of diversity; promoting a work environment free of harassment of any type; contributing to the construction of a diverse workforce; and supporting affirmative action;
8. Performing the essential functions of the Technology Director safely, without endangering the health or safety of self or others; reporting unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions; complying with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one's own actions and conduct.
1. Oversight of all audio, video, and lighting control systems; including ongoing maintenance.
2. Assess current technology needs and provide counsel on future purchases.
3. Work in all weekend services as primary A/V/L technical support staff.
4. Provide technical support for church-wide ministries and events and outside ministries and events.
5. Maintain A/V systems for all rooms.
6. Coordinate and/or set up rooms for A/V requirements for events and activities.
7. Recruit, develop, and equip production teams to operate audio, video, and lighting systems for weekend services and other church events.
8. Oversee volunteers and communicate service plans.
9. Oversee schedule for video production team.
10. Point person on small system installs through our building.
11. Maintain A/V and Computer budgets.
12. Manage all information technology devices including the purchase, maintenance, and organization of server, computers, networks, and other IT equipment.
13. Provide IT support for all staff, volunteers, offices and rooms. Troubleshoot and correct issues with computers and networks.
14. Provide IT policy and procedures to administration and staff.
15. Assess future technology needs and implement purchase strategies and timelines.
16. Develop and maintain inventory of all church technology equipment.
17. Lead the identification, selection, procurement, and implementation of new software and hardware.
18. Oversee the selection and management of IT service providers optimizing the mix of in-house and outsources services.
19. Develop and implement a technology risk management plan.
20. Oversee/Supervise IT Assistant in all technology related needs.
1. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
2. Must possess a strong working knowledge of general administrative practices to include computer knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.), Apple and Windows operating systems.
3. Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
4. Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
5. Ability to:
- Take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time-management, organizational, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills
- Work accurately with close attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Study and apply new information
If interested in applying for this position, please complete the application on the SEC church website: http://www.salemec.com/about/employment-opportunities/