Ministry Title: Teen Ministry Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Next Generations
FLSA Status: Full-Time Salaried, Exempt
Ministry Function: The Teen Ministry Coordinator (TMC) is responsible for providing leadership, oversight and implementation of the youth ministry at New Community Bible Fellowship, which includes teens from thirteen years old to the age of eighteen. The TMC will work with and under the Director of Next Generations Ministries for the goal of overseeing all ministries and events designed with the purpose of reaching and discipling teenagers in Christ. Primary leadership requirements are the recruitment, development and oversight of all youth ministry leaders and team members. The goal is to raise up a generation passionate to know Jesus, to live for Jesus and to make Jesus known to family, friends and the uttermost parts of the earth.
The ultimate end is to produce a Christ centered teen ministry committed to the Word, Worship, Witnessing, Wonders (Prayer), Warmth (Love) and Works (Serving according to spiritual gifts)
Visionary Responsibilities: Responsible for executing the vision of the Sr. Pastor as it relates to discipleship and spiritual growth plans for teens, special events and service opportunities.
1. Personal oversight and/or involvement of all ministries and events pertaining to teens, for the purpose of evaluation and ongoing training.
2. Assist the Director of Next Generations Ministries (DNGM) in speaking a compelling vision to introduce the teens, their ministry needs and events to the broader church community and especially other church leaders.
3. Through prayer and continual research recommend strategies for accomplishing our goals to reach and disciple the teens.
4. Responsible for developing a comprehensive biblical based curriculum from 7th grade thru (12) twelfth grade.
Oversight, Development and Directorship Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee, approve and instruct administrative departments regarding announcements, program information, program inserts and other matters regarding the teen ministry.
2. Develop and implement a process to obtain feedback concerning the effectiveness of New Community Bible Fellowship's Teen Events and Ministries in meeting the needs of our teens and accomplishing the overall goals set for our teens.
3. Intentionally plan events and activities to celebrate, encourage and reward volunteers and participants involved in the teen ministry.
4. In session with the DNGM, work in developing a Teen Worship service of excellence in proclamation of the word, music and overall programming.
5. Function as primary contact for leaders in the Teen Ministries to encourage, support and nurture volunteer teen ministry leaders and workers, to provide assistance, if needed, in resolving issues or concerns, and ensure all leaders are successfully meeting the goals and objectives outlined for their area of responsibility.
6. In session with the DNGM, prepare and administer the Teen budget while being careful to stay within the prescribed budgetary guidelines. In addition, the TMC will communicate the calendar of events for all Teen Ministries' activities and programs to New Community's leaders, staff and members.
7. Provide weekly updates to the Senior Staff on the teen ministry.
8. Ongoing Coaching and Training of key members of your team.
9. Conduct regular meetings (at least once a month) with key leaders of your team to establish guidelines and expectations which facilitate effective communication of goals outlined by the Senior Pastor and DNGM, and to ensure all elements of the youth ministry are fulfilling their purpose. Meetings must include adequate time in Bible study to spiritually nurture team members, encourage spiritual growth, and pray for issues / concerns of team members
10. Lead summer internship. Coordinate summer schedule, create and maintain budget, personally intervene when necessary for all pastoral care needs.
11. Liaison for all teen Life Groups systems and structure implemented by New Community Christian Education staff.
Personnel Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Anticipate volunteer staffing needs, and continually research and recruit volunteers from our church membership to build a solid core of teen ministry workers, volunteers and systems.
2. In session with the DNGM, church administration and Ministry Placement, ongoing recruitment and development of mentors, discipleship leaders, Sunday morning workers, service and activity leaders, counselors, evangelism and outreach leaders, and those who will help with teen ministry administration.
Teaching and Care Giving Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide teaching and preaching for the Teens in Teen worship (and other events which may develop for the teens).
2. Provide pastoral care and leadership to youth ministry mentors and workers. Activities include appropriate pastoral care for team members in time of crisis, loss or hardship.