Lake Shore Baptist Church
Category: Combined Positions
Time Type: Full Time
We are a Southern Baptist church which currently holds three Sunday morning worship services. Our services styles range from Traditional to Modern. Our ideal Worship & Education Pastor candidate is someone:
- with an appreciation for multiple styles of music and an ability to incorporate each style appropriately in worship
- who values people over performance, and leads through the formation of relationships
- who is a passionate team-player ready to share ideas and interests with a growing body of believers
Duties and Responsibilities (Worship Ministry)
1. In conjunction with Senior Pastor or other officiating pastors, plan worship services for Sunday mornings (and holidays as necessary). (currently Sunday morning, 8am, 9:30am, & 11am)
2. Lead music (or in some cases, delegate leadership) instrumentally and vocally in worship services.
3. Plan and execute rehearsals for church ensembles.
4. Coordinate special music programs (e.g., Easter, Christmas, Youth, Children, Students) as appropriate and with the assistance of volunteers.
5. Facilitate seasonally/thematic appropriate changes to the Worship Center, i.e. changes in décor, audio-visual images, signage, etc.
6. Recruit new members to the Worship Team, Audio-Visual Team, and other volunteer support staff.
7. Encourage the appropriate purposing of gifts within the church body as it pertains to special music, soloists, ad hoc ensembles, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities (Education Ministry)
1. Provide oversight of the education and outreach ministries of the church. (small groups, Bible studies, LIFE groups, Sunday School, and Bible Fellowship)
2. Evaluate new curriculums
3. Identify, enlist, train, and encourage leadership in education and outreach ministries.
Duties and Responsibilities (Staff Pastor)
1. Share administrative plans, announcements, budget needs, and other necessary information in a timely fashion to be communicated to the church body.
2. Participate in weekly (as needed) staff meetings, and other quarterly/seasonal meetings of the church.
3. Actively engage as a member of the church; Develop and maintain wholesome pastoral relationships with all members of the church.
4. Actively participate with the church staff and leaders to accomplish and encourage the stated vision and goals of the church.
5. Prepare and oversee worship and education budgets.
6. Perform other duties as may, from time-to-time, be determined necessary and appropriate to the position of Worship & Education Pastor.