First Baptist Church
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Part Time
The Worship and Music Leader's primary responsibility is to develop and implement a music ministry that enhances the worship of God at Howell First Baptist Church.
1. Work in cooperation with the Pastor in the selection of meaningful, appropriate music for regular, special, and holiday services.
2. Demonstrate a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ
3. Effective planning and organizational skills
4. Good communication skills
5. Evaluate, plan, organize and implement methods and programs to enhance the music ministry of the church.
1. Ability to sing and play a musical instrument, piano/keyboard preferred.
2. Provide and lead worship music at Sunday service
3. Communicate with accompanist and audio-visual team
4. Recruit and direct Praise Team, band, and choral groups
5. Direct weekly rehearsals for the Praise Team. Prepare music for the Sunday worship service for the band and Praise Team.
6. Lead congregational singing
7. Computer skills including ability to use worship media.
8. Degree in music preferred.