Grace Community Church of Visalia
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Full Time
2525 S. Lovers Lane
Visalia, CA 93292
(559) 733-3966 (Office)
Dear Prospective Candidate for the position of Worship Arts Pastor,
We value your interest. Grace Community Church is a growing evangelical ministry with Worship service attendance of over 500 and a church of about 1000 involved in Children's, Student, and Adult ministries on Sundays. The church is located in the city of Visalia, a community of 130,000, situated in the San Joaquin Valley south of Fresno and north of Bakersfield on Highway 198, the portal to the Sequoia National Park. More about the church may be found at our website: www.gccvisalia.org.
Our Worship Arts Ministry currently includes four praise teams, a contemporary worship choir, orchestra, seasonal drama, and music for additional occasions. In addition, dramatic musical presentations and the cultivation of musical talents have characterized the Worship Arts Ministry at Grace Community Church. You will find in this packet a general profile of the position and an application.
To apply, prayerfully consider the position profile to discern God's leading and to determine whether there is an initial sense of "fit" between your profile and the position. To proceed, please see the Application Procedures below which include the submission of:
1. A Letter of Interest
2. A Résumé
3. An Application (a PDF format is available on our website or via e-mail)
Send standard mail to:
Grace Community Church
Attn: Worship Arts Pastor Search Team
2525 S. Lovers Lane
Visalia, CA 93292
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On receipt of your letter and completed application we will contact you to acknowledge that we have received it. Applications will be accepted through April 30, 2018. After reviewing the applications, interviews will be established for selected prospects.
Thank you for your interest!
Jon R. Venema
Senior Pastor, Grace Community Church
Worship Arts Pastor Search Team
POSITION PROFILE: WORSHIP ARTS PASTOR
1. Living faith that exhibits devotion to Jesus and His Church.
2. Education: Masters preferred or comparable education and ministry experience.
3. Sound theology that supports our statement of faith (see "About Us" at gccvisalia.org) and vision statement: "We exist to Inspire Christlikeness by Reaching Out to others, Raising Up one another, and Reverencing Christ together"
4. Strong, growing walk with the Lord, evidenced by a deep love for Jesus Christ and others.
5. Desire to serve the Body of Christ with the gifts and talents that God has given.
6. An attitude of being Faithful, Available, and Teachable.
7. Character that reflects the Fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) and maturity consistent with Scripture and leadership responsibilities.
8. Models and cultivates team spirit and cooperation.
1. Pastor's heart
2. Passion for Biblical worship
3. Gifted musician
4. Teaching, mentoring, and communication skills
5. Strong leadership and administrative abilities
6. Heart for evangelism and discipleship as well as worship
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Pastor
1. Champion God-honoring Worship at Grace Community Church
2. Lead the Worship Arts Ministry, by giving vision and inspiration.
3. Coordinate the Worship Arts Ministry with the overall vision of Grace Community Church.
4. Develop ministry opportunities and resources.
5. Oversee and/or direct
 Worship Arts Ministries
 Sunday morning worship including sound and media, media reinforcement.
 Ministry volunteers
 Special music and outreach presentations
 Worship Arts Ministry budget
 Pastoral Care and Counseling within the Worship Arts Ministry
6. Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
1. Letter of interest (please address the Qualifications and Responsibilities above)
3. Completed application form (all parts of application must be completed. Sections marked ‘see resume' are not acceptable)
PERSONAL INFORMATION PLEASE PRINT LEGIBLY
City, State, Zip_________________________________________________________________
Cell Phone_________________________ Home Phone____________________________
Name of School Address (street, city, state) Dates Diploma Major/Minor
Do you plan to pursue further study? _____Yes _____No If yes, explain?