The Worship Associate will assist the Worship Pastor in the planning, implementation, and leading of worship services, assist the Technical Director in support of audio and visual needs, develop youth talent for musical worship opportunities, and assist with other duties in the administration of the worship ministry.
MINISTRY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Utilize prayer as the key to ministry (Eph. 6:18-20) by participating in weekly staff prayer meetings, cultivating a strong personal prayer life, and emphasizing personal and corporate prayer among worship ministry volunteers.
2. Assist in the recruiting, training, and development of worship ministry volunteers and coordination of volunteer schedules.
3. Assist in the planning and leading of weekly rehearsals in order to prepare volunteers for weekend worship service(s).
4. Assist the Worship Pastor in leading an authentic and dynamic worship experience during weekend services and all special services and events throughout the year.
5. Assist the Worship Pastor in the administration of the worship ministry including music, drama, and church thematic décor.
6. Partner with the Technical Director for all technical needs including sound, lighting, videography, and projection for all services including weddings and funerals.
7. Assist in the vocal and instrumental development of children and youth talent.
8. Attend Creative Arts Team meetings as scheduled.
9. Assist the staff and Worship Pastor in congregational care (absentee follow-up, hospital visitation, etc.), especially for worship ministry members and family.
10. Provide support and assistance to other local churches and ministries as suggested by the Worship Pastor.
11. Attend Ministry Staff meetings as scheduled.
12. Assist in planning facility and calendar usage in conjunction with pastoral staff.
13. Perform miscellaneous ministry duties as needed or assigned by the Worship Pastor and/or Senior Pastor.
14. Renew and develop personal knowledge, ideas, and professional relationships in order to remain current and fresh in worship ministry pursuits.
15. This is a full-time position that requires some evening and weekend working hours as well as holidays.
Salary commensurate with experience
Health, dental, life, and disability insurance
Professional development allowance
The prayer, encouragement, and support of a like-minded ministry staff and elder board