Worship Overview: We have 3 worship services: Thursday nights at 7pm and Sunday mornings at 9am and 10:30am. The Thursday night service is more reflective and very simple - usually with just 3 songs led by one person on a guitar or keyboard. The two Sunday morning services are identical featuring 5 songs and a full band. Our worship style is contemporary, but we feature a mixture of current worship songs and older hymns and spirituals.
1. Plan and lead musical elements for weekly worship gatherings.
* Select songs that help achieve a balance between contemporary and hymns.
* Identify new songs that are consistent with our values and goals.
* Schedule musicians, vocalists, and A/V volunteers.
* Provide direct supervision for the A/V Coordinator.
2. Video and Visual Content
* Film, edit, and produce videos and visual components to help illustrate and
communicate sermon themes and help facilitate the worship experience.
* Enter song lyrics and other visual content into ProPresenter projection software.
* Develop background images and slides for various aspects of worship services.
3. Leadership Development
* Be a spiritual leader for all people serving on various worship teams.
* Recruit and develop new musicians, vocalists, and A/V volunteers.
* Provide ongoing training and development for current volunteers
4. Worship Planning
* Work with Creative Worship team to plan message themes, interactive worship
elements, stage sets and backdrops, and sanctuary decor.
5. Oversee worship department budget and expenditures.
Worship Director Qualifications
1. Recognizing that leaders cannot take people to a place they are not first going themselves, Worship Director will maintain personal habits of worship and spiritual disciplines that foster a growing and vibrant personal faith.
2. Recognizing the importance of Sabbath rest and personal well being, Worship Director will schedule regular periods of vacation, spiritual retreat, and professional development!
3. Recognizing that pastoral ministry is about being a part of the community of faith, Worship Director will participate in the larger life of the church, including participation in a small group, church wide special events and activities.
4. Recognizing that the CCC staff model is one of mutual support and encouragement, Worship Director will strive to be a great teammate by supporting and encouraging other staff across ministry areas, and beyond specific, written job responsibilities.
5. Recognizing that all staff are called to help the church thrive, Worship Director will partner with other staff and key leaders to help CCC pursue excellence by constantly looking for ways to help the church improve and grow.