Reports To: Pastor-Elders / Lead Pastor
Supervises:†Worship Team / AV Team / Aesthetics Team Leader / Youth Comittee
The Worship Director & Youth Group Leader is responsible for the music ministry of Lakeside Bible Chapel and the Youth Group. †They are in charge of the planning and development of the worship and music ministry of the church in regards to Sunday Morning service. †They are responsible for the planning and leading of the Youth Group Ministries (7th - 12th grade).
The Worship Director & Youth Group Leader serves in a way that is consistent with Lakeside Bible Chapel's mission, values, and theology. This is a ministry of the church; the person in this position will be extending the ministry of the church to our staff, our members, and the surrounding community.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Craft effective worship services, in partnership with the Lead Pastor & Preaching team.
- Coordinate the presentation of worship on Sunday mornings.
- Lead congregational worship services.
- Plan and arrange an "Order of Service" for worship services.
- Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
- Seek to select and use music which brings glory to God and ministers to the congregation with an appreciation for contemporary and traditional worship.
- Work with the staff on other music needs in the total church program.
- Meets weekly with the Worship and AV teams to coordinate and rehearse worship services.
- Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion, and administration.
- Identifies, recruits, and trains gifted individuals, and encourages those persons as they become involved in the music ministry.
- Work with the appropriate staff and committees in planning, evaluating and coordinating all youth ministries of the church (7th-12th grade) including a weekly Bible study.
- Work with Lead Pastor to counsel youth and parents as needed.
- Remain informed of current trends in youth education programs.
- Disciple youth group members in their walk with Christ.
- Oversee the AV Team to ensure the care, maintenance, and inventory of all music and equipment.
- Maintain a life of integrity, as a positive role model for the youth group, and teach from life experiences.
- Periodically review church policies and programs with appropriate staff or committees and bring recommendations for needed changes and improvements to the church.
- Assist the staff in planning for and presentation of annual budgets and in overseeing the expenditures of funds.
- Attend and provide reports at Director and Staff meetings.
- Attend Annual Staff Retreat
Job Skills and Requirements
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God.
- Attested musical skills with the ability to effectively lead worship.
- Ability to relate to teens and willingness to be involved in their lives.
- Thorough understanding of the Bible, and agreement with Lakeside's statement of beliefs.
- Ability to interface with all levels of Church membership and staff.
- Capable of working independently, without supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
- Ability to interact with all people of all ages and socioeconomic status.
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude.
- Three years' experience in church-related setting, including working with students.
- Willing to become a member of Lakeside Bible Chapel.
- Bachelor's degree in Music or Theology
- A/V Soundboard experience
- Experience with Planning Center, Pro Presenter, Loop Community, music production software