The Story's Worship Director is fully_noemailmitted to Jesus and intensely motivated to inspire non-religious people to follow Jesus. This individual is a goal-oriented self-starter who understands that the goals of Christian leadership are 1) to serve and not to be served, 2) to empower others to do the work of God's kingdom, and 3) to b_noemaile a leader who raises up leaders who raise up leaders. Responsibilities include:
Worship Director Role: - Proclaiming Jesus by leading the central campus worship team and the congregation with integrity and passion
- Planning and executing worship services in various worship styles (i.e., traditional, modern, acoustic), in collaboration with worship staff
- Discipling and challenging worship staff to achieve the mission of TSC together
- Managing musicians and tech staff for Sunday operations
- Recruiting and assimilating volunteer band members and singers, and media team volunteers
- Supervising and discipling Timbergrove campus worship leader and worship operations
Story Worship Productions: - Creating and recording original Christian music through Story Worship Productions
Requirements: - Bachelor's degree
- Must be able to sing and play an instrument
- Must have knowledge and experience leading congregational hymns
- Previous experience leading worship in mid-size to large congregations, 400+ attendance
- Due to The Story's Wesleyan roots, knowledge of hymns is key for this role
The Worship Director will report directly to the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor of The Story Church
Full time with benefits
Compensation based on experience
Please provide a link(s) to video of you leading worship.
About The Story Church:
The Story Church exists to inspire nonreligious people to follow Jesus. We are a community of skeptics and believers following Jesus together.
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."