Overall purpose: The Worship Director is responsible to oversee all the planning, implementation, and evaluation of public worship services at Immanuel CRC.
● Will cultivate and uphold Immanuelís vision for worship.
● Will serve as a member of the worship_noemailmittee working with them to plan, implement and evaluate worship.
● Will lead each service of worship, either through direct leadership or by guiding the work of those who do lead.
● Will oversee the work of all worship leaders:_noemailanists, a_noemailpanists, vocalists, readers, prayer leaders, choir directors, technicians, projectionists, and the like.
● Will work with the Lead Pastor to develop plans for worship, including seasonal and special worship occasions.
● Will plan the liturgy of each service of worship, utilizing the gifts of others as able, so that content and flow serve and enhance the theme of the service.
● Will explore new resources for worship through reading, research, conference attendance, taking classes and other means that b_noemaile available.
● Will oversee the scheduling of musicians, Praise Team leaders, sound persons, and projectionists.
● Will use a variety of art forms, with particular focus on music ministry.
● Will discover, recruit, equip and utilize the gifts of worship leaders, teams, a_noemailpanists, and others (e.g., choir director, readers, prayer leaders) to participate in worship with meaning and_noemailpetence.
● Will insure the preparation of projection scripts (via MediaShout) for each service.
● Will_noemailmunicate and coordinate the efforts of all participants in worship, including guest pastors.
● 18-20 hours: Preparation, including meeting with pastor, planning team, (and choir director, tech team, a_noemailpanists as needed) rehearsal preparation, rehearsal, personal practice, and personal prayer/devotion.
● 12-15 hours: Other Ministry/Administration: including staff meetings, bulletin/website/Facebook information,_noemailmunication with all participants, securing and scheduling volunteers, creation of Media Shout scripts for projection, music preparation, emails/phone calls,_noemailanization/filing of music, music at youth, GEMS, cadets, Sunday School (where needed), continuing education, pastoral ministry
● 5 hours: Sunday, including final preparations, worship leading, post-worship responsibilities
In addition there are seasonal high demand times: Thanksgiving, Advent/Christmas, Lent/Easter, Pentecost,_noemailbined services
● A Christian who exhibits a passion and love for Christ and worship and displays a heart for people. He/she will demonstrate appropriate spiritual character qualities, gifts, and skills.
● A person familiar with and_noemailmitted to upholding Reformed teachings and the doctrinal standards of the Christian Reformed Church, including Reformed worship practices. As well, is fully_noemailmitted to the vision of Immanuel CRC.
● Demonstrates sensitivity to differing styles of music and worship and has an ability to work with these various styles in God-glorifying, member edifying and seeker sensitive manner that_noemailplements other forms of art such as drama, liturgical dance, and other creative expressions.
● Displays leadership qualities, such as strength of character, loyalty, empathy, genuineness, humility, and an ability to work with, encourage and guide a variety of types of people.
● Either holds a Bachelorís degree and/or has experience in Worship & Music leadership.
● Has musicianship abilities which ideally include keyboarding, guitar (proficient in at least one) and vocal ability and is able to work with a worship team.
● Is expected to b_noemaile a member of Immanuel CRC.
For an application form, contact ken@immanuelcrc_noemail or see attachment.