New Town United Methodist Church
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Part Time
Working with the Lead Pastor, the Director of Worship Ministries will help plan services and
select appropriate music for multiple services in order to foster an inter-generational culture of
worship through music. The Director of Worship Ministries is responsible for leading worship
through songs during corporate worship services, directing the Praise Band, organizing &
coordinating vocal & instrumental ensembles, and fostering a growing music ministry.
References and background checks are required.
1. Provide worship leadership through music during corporate worship services, being sensitive
to the Holy Spirit's leading.
2. Oversee the preparation for the musical aspects of Sunday morning corporate worship
services and special services.
3. Incorporate into our contemporary corporate worship services songs that minister to an
inter-generational congregation, including but not limited to classic hymns, contemporary
hymns, contemporary praise songs & choruses.
4. Develop and coordinate special music offerings to enhance corporate worship services
including, but not limited to, vocal and instrumental solo and ensembles. Coordinate music
for special services or programs.
5. Support youth music ministry by leading or working with a volunteer Youth Praise Band
leader and the Director of Youth Ministries to have a Youth Praise Band lead worship services
9-10 times per year.
6. Support children's music ministry by working with a volunteer Children's Choir Director and
the Director of Children's Ministries:
a. to have children's music offerings during worship services 2- 4 times per year
b. to put on a Christmas children's program in the month of December
7. Check copyright agreements and request permission to use music when necessary.
8. Serve as copy reporter for the church for music through CCLI or other copyright reviews.
9. Direct, oversee, & resource the Adult Praise Band:
a. Keep abreast of worship music available.
b. Prepare music for singers and instrumentalists (transposed as needed).
10. Lead Praise Band practices. Recruit new singers and instrumentalists. Develop and oversee
opportunities for church members to share gifts and talents and serve in worship through music
and other worship arts; such as adult choir or other vocal groups, instrumental groups, praise
11. Responsible for overseeing Audio Visual volunteers who are responsible for ensuring
appropriate volume, sound level and balance are consistently maintained during worship services.
12. To serve as a member of the church staff team and embrace and be committed to the Purpose
Statement & Core Values of NTUMC, and follow the Leadership Structure
(charter) of NTUMC.
13. Strive to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace within the congregation and
14. Altar area - Responsible for ensuring the altar area is set up for each service (proper colors,
flowers, etc...) - not necessary to do it, but insure someone is taking care of it.