St. Andrew's Church is a vibrant multi-site church in search of a full-time worship leader for its congregation in the heart of downtown Charleston. We are one of the largest Anglican churches in North America and have a rich history of spiritual renewal, church planting, and missional activity in our cities and abroad.
Our downtown congregation, St. Andrew's City Church, currently meets for worship in one of the top venues in the city, the Charleston Music Hall, and utilizes its professional staff for lighting and audio support.
The right candidate would serve as a partner in ministry to our Lead Pastor and be comfortable with both modern & expressive worship as well as some liturgy from the Book of Common Prayer. The position is full-time salaried with benefits with pay based on the candidate's education, experience, and skill set.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, prepare and lead music during Sunday worship
- Put songs and scripture into Pro Presenter and transfer songs to service laptop for Sunday.
- Schedule and attend team rehearsal time
- Attend leadership meetings
- Work with Pastor to set goals for the worship team at St Andrew's City Church
- Oversee development of worship team and discipleship of members
- Develop and implement a strategy for team discipleship
- Manage musical and audio/projection volunteer schedule
- Utilize Planning Center as needed
- Raise up and disciple future worship leaders
- Set up application and vetting process for new people.
- Other duties as assigned or as necessary for the successful execution of duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- College degree preferred with some formal training in music or worship arts.
- Willingness to learn Anglican order of worship and Anglican traditions.
- Able to manage volunteers
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Must be highly organized and able to shift priorities as required.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office products (and/or Apple products).
- Must have a working knowledge of A/V equipment.
- Maintain a lifestyle and worldview as described in scripture under the grace and lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Support the church staff and the church in all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
- Live a transparent life.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships outside of the church.
Disclaimer: The above job description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position. As with all positions employment is "at-will" or voluntary on both the part of the employee and the Church. St. Andrew's is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We do not require all employees to be Anglicans, but because of our essential identity as a community of faith in Jesus Christ, we require all employees to wholeheartedly believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no one comes to the Father but by Him. As a community, we submit to the authority of the Holy Scriptures as the standard for Christian faith and life. We uphold the sanctity and dignity of human life, the creation of humankind in God's image as male and female, and the unchangeable standard of Christian marriage between one man and one woman as the only proper place for sexual intimacy and the basis of the family.*
The church's policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all phases of the employment relationship including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay, other forms of selection, training, and compensation
*"Theological Statement" of the Anglican Church in North America and "The Jerusalem Declaration" of the Global Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans.