Southview Community Church
Updated August 7, 2017
Position:Part-Time Worship Leader; Reports to the Lead Pastor
Description:The primary focus of this part-time salaried position (approximately 15 to 25 hours a week) is to plan, coordinate, and lead weekly worship services to help Southview accomplish its mission of seeing people far from God be raised to new life in Jesus Christ. The Worship Leader will lead a team of musicians in weekly Sunday morning services designed to draw the congregation in and encourage participation in a worship experience.
Worship Leader Responsibilities:
- Select music for Sunday worship services (coordinating with each week's sermon or series)
- Lead weekly rehearsals with the worship team and attend weekly staff meeting if available
- Actively recruit, train, schedule, and disciple worship team volunteers
- Plan, develop, and coordinate special church worship services (e.g., Christmas Eve)
- Build services using Planning Center
- Ensure an environment of excellence at each service, in partnership with the sound, media, video, and lighting teams
- Manage all worship-related income and expenditures.
- Good to excellent vocal ability
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency on guitar or keyboard (preferably both)
- Ability to read music (playing by ear is a plus)
- Ability to pray and comment appropriately during worship transitions
- Experience leading and teaching an eclectic group of musicians
- Experience leading a multi-generational congregation in worship
- Proficiency with basic sound, lighting, and video production equipment and methodology
- Knowledge of best practices in worship service design, modern worship music, traditional hymns, and secular songs appropriate for worship settings.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High level attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Teachable spirit
- Strong relationship skills with individuals and teams
- High levels of initiative, motivation and enthusiasm
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, listen effectively and resolve conflicts in a God-honoring manner.
For more information, send a resume and video sample of you leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org