Worship Leader Job Description
Huntersville United Methodist Church is seeking an experienced Worship Leader who is called and gifted by God to lead in the continued development of our music band who will cultivate and foster congregational worship. This is a contracted part-time position (approx. 10-15 hrs. weekly)
-A heart of worship and a testimony of personal faith; demonstrated Christ follower.
-Gifted musically in vocals
-Proficiency and mastery on a leading instrument such as keyboard or guitar preferred
-Ability to lead corporate worship, engaging and encouraging participation
-Familiarity, experience with, and appreciation for multi-genres of music
-Skilled in reading chord charts; ability to sight read staff notes preferred
-Discernment towards authentic worship versus personal performance
-Ability to navigate planning software such as Planning Center
-Demonstrated management and_noemailanizational skills
-Motivator, people person,_noemailmunicator
1. Works closely with Director of Music Ministries and Senior Pastor in selection of songs and planning worship for 10:30 Sunday service.
2. Supportive of the mission and vision of Huntersville United Methodist Church
3. Recruiting and offering leadership to musicians to serve as a team with excellent musical skills and humble hearts.
4. Plan and prepare weekly (includes providing sheet music/chord charts, learning songs well prior to rehearsals)
5. Conduct rehearsals; Lead Sunday worship and other services as needed.
6. Develop and maintain filing system for sheet music and chord charts
7. Schedule weekly musicians (3-4 weeks in advance); schedule rehearsals (expected 1.5 to 2 hrs. each); implement effective use of Planning Center
8. Communicating effectively needed maintenance and repairs of A/V equipment, accessories, and instruments; as well as procurement of AV equipment and instruments to ensure effective operations for services and events.
9. Arrive early for all band sessions/events to adequately set up AV equipment needed to conduct sound check and warm up.
10. Stay after sessions/events to help disassemble and properly store all AV equipment (includes electrical cords, cables, connect boxes, music/mic stands, mics, etc.).
11. Assist AV Tech to ensure correct display of mapping and lyrics on screen (for services/events where worship leader and/or band is involved)
12. Participate in job related conferences, workshops, and/or retreats provided by church
13. Assist with Praxis youth band and leading Praxis Youth Worship (twice monthly 1hr., Sun. evening) as well as participating in other church music groups and events as needed.
This position is accountable to the Director of Music Ministries and Senior Pastor.
Interested Candidates: Submit a resume to Karent@huntersvilleumc_noemail with "worship leader search_noemailmittee' as subject. Please include a video clip that demonstrates your skills.