Worship Leader Job Description
The Worship Leader is a servant role, i.e., to assist the congregation to connect with God through worship. The responsibilities are:
- Lead congregational worship.
- Create and maintain a worship team. This requires recruiting, training and ongoing development of the members of the group. It includes scheduling rehearsals and the maintenance of music files.
- In cooperation with the Rector, the Worship Leader will help plan services including, but not limited to, song selection and coordination of seasonal services (Christmas, Easter, etc.).
- As part of the overall worship ministry of the church, the Worship Leader may be asked to provide worship music, materials, and musicians for ministry events/meetings (for example, Alpha and retreats).
- As part of an overall effort to encourage worship, the Worship Leader may be called to help educate the congregation through written articles, classes or preaching.
- Seek an ever deeper understanding of worship and worship leadership through reading, conferences, study and prayer.
- Continue to grow and mature in your faith.
- As a support to the worship, the Worship Leader will oversee preparation of media presentations for Sunday worship and the worship materials for clergy and lay readers.
- Administratively, the Worship Leader will ensure the church adheres to CCLI licensing requirements and oversee reporting of song usage to CCLI as required.
- Vocal skills
- Proficiency in acoustic guitar and/or keyboard
-Desire to recruit, lead and love musicians/singers
- A basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment and systems is helpful
- A basic knowledge of worship software is helpful
Prior experience is preferred. However, we would be willing to train a candidate who demonstrates a servant's heart, sufficient skill, and a desire to learn.