Please include the following:
- Resume and cover letter. Only resumes a_noemailpanied with a cover letter will be considered. The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer these questions: Why you are interested in this position? Why you would feel_noemailfortable relocating to Charleston, SC? What about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
- Recent video of you leading worship.
- Links to social media (Facebook, instagram, periscope, twitter, etc.).
Please send all correspondence to: coastalworshipleader@gmail_noemail
Failure to include all of the above or contacting the church in other ways shows that you can't follow instructions and thus you won't be considered. Do not expect a return call or email just for applying. Only those candidates that we are interested in will receive any follow-up.
Coastal Community Church is a 26 year old non-denominational church in beautiful Charleston, SC. For many years the church was 100-125 people. However, in the last 8 years the church has grown and now averages just under 500 people a Sunday. Due to our growth and limited venue we built and moved into a new multi-purpose Worship Center that will seat approx. 500. Excellence in worship has been a key ingredient in the growth of Coastal, so we are striving to find someone who can continue to take the church to the next level.
Coastal has wide demographic of people that attend; however the main demographic of the church is young adults and families. We have an enormous focus on Evangelism and doing everything possible to reach the unchurched. Don't apply unless you love reaching the unchurched.
This is a full-time position and reports directly to Lead Pastor Chris Rollins, while working in harmony with the other pastors and staff of Coastal. This person will average 40 hours a week plus Sunday services. The Coastal staff works together as a team, doing whatever it takes to a_noemailplish the overall mission of the church.
This person will have the experience and ability to do the following:
- This person must have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus, a desire to work at a church that reaches the lost, and a strong calling to be in full-time vocational ministry.
- A four year degree from a Bible College is a plus, but not a requirement. What is a requirement, however, is a strong Biblical foundation and world-view.
- Must be able to lead worship (preferably on guitar) and sing.
- Must be familiar with the style of songs we play: Chris Tomlin, Hillsong / Hillsong United, Kristian Stanfill, Jesus Culture (Bethel Church), Elevation, etc.
- Must have experience with leading other musicians.
- Must have experience developing new musicians and volunteers.
- Must be_noemailfortable periodically playing cover songs as hooks for sermon series.
Use of graphic design, video editing, etc. a plus.
While this person doesn't have to be the "video, lighting,_noemailputer & sound guy" all rolled into one, they must be able to "learn it & lead it." A working knowledge in any of these areas is a plus.
- Must be able to plan and execute services from start to finish (based on the Pastor's vision for the series or service), including music, set design, special pieces, media elements (video / graphics), etc.
- Familiarity with Planning Center & Pro Presenter is a must.
Other Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Staff Meeting (3 hours on Mondays).
- Thursday Night Worship Practice, Wednesday Night Student Worship, Currently 2 Services on Sunday Morning.
- Saturdays the office is closed and is used as a Sabbath.
Office hours are flexible, but this is a full-time position.
A positive attitude.
A good sense of humor and a thick skin.
- A team player & a team builder.
- A familiarity with systems.
- A passion for worship and the arts.
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched.
- A high_noemailmitment to the local church.
- Comfortable in a non-Charismatic worship environment.
Salary: $45,000 a year
Send all emails to: coastalworshipleader@gmail_noemail