Edgewood Community Church
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Salary: Dependent on experience and education
Benefits: Health Insurance + HSA contribution, Professional Expense, smartphone
Hours: 45 hours per week
Oversee the Worship Ministries of Edgewood Community Church – Waupun
1. The Worship Pastor will be the primary planner/coordinator/leader of Edgewood's corporate worship life by:
o Planning the weekend order of worship (songs, prayer times, readings, etc.) for our 3 weekend services (Saturday 5:30 pm, Sunday 8:45 am, and 10:30 am).
o Preparing worship service media elements (slides and occasional videos).
o Coordinating with those who participate in the weekend service (announcements, missionary visits, ministry leader testimonies, etc.).
o Leading/supporting other worship services or ministry events (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, VBS, Children's Christmas program, worship nights, etc.).
2. The Worship Pastor will lead in such a way that:
o Congregational singing is highly valued. This includes attention to the key and range, song selection, and leading in such a way that people are drawn to participate in worship and not just experience worship.
o Worship sets will include songs that have robust theology as well as an "abide in me" intimacy. This gospel-centered emphasis will include songs that focus on who God is and what God has done as well as who we are and how we respond.
o Scripture is incorporated so as to magnify the Word-centeredness of our worship.
Develop and Lead the Worship Team
1. The Worship Pastor will lead the worship team spiritually and will develop a culture of discipleship and Christ-centered friendships. He will rehearse with the worship team weekly, always including a devotion and time of prayer together.
2. The Worship Pastor will schedule worship band members and tech team members.
3. The Worship Pastor will use Planning Center to distribute the service worship plans to participants (including mp3's, chord charts, piano scores, etc.).
4. The Worship Pastor will identify, recruit, and audition worship musicians and vocalists who have an authentic faith in Jesus. The extra effort that goes into both incorporating a broad range of instrumentation and developing adolescent musicians and vocalists is valued. Through inviting, praying, coaching, and evaluating, he will create an environment where worship team members are valued, developed, resourced, and released into well-fitting roles.
5. The Worship Pastor will look for worship ministry conferences or trainings to develop the team or key members of the team.
Oversee Worship Arts and Technology
1. The Worship Pastor should be knowledgeable and skilled in technology and technology's ability to enhance and strengthen the worship service. He will pursue best practices in audio and video tech and think theologically about what we want to implement in our services.
2. The Worship Pastor will lead the tech team to coordinate technical elements of worship services (Livestream, podcasts, etc.) and to implement streamlined processes for volunteers.
3. The Worship Pastor will be responsible for overseeing graphic arts and videography as it relates to the worship services.
4. The Worship Pastor will be responsible for aesthetic and design elements of our worship space.
To apply for this position, please send a resume with cover letter and video (preferable) or audio samples of you leading worship to our Executive Pastor Jamie Thompson at email@example.com