St John Baptist Church
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: November 08, 2017
St John Baptist Church, located in Columbia, MD, is currently seeking a Youth Pastor to join our team on a full-time basis. St John Baptist Church is a spirit filled_noemailanization and we require an experienced forward thinking Youth Pastor that can keep up with our fast moving pace. Our congregation is currently topping out at around 1900 members of which @ 232 fall between the ages of 5 and 18. The youth program however ministers to youth beginning as young as 3 years of age.
Lead, plan, evaluate and administer a_noemailprehensive youth ministry relevant to today's youth, taking into consideration the spiritual, physical, recreational, social and psychological development of youth. Direct the programs of the youth ministry to include, but not limited to, age appropriate Worship Services for children and youth, Sunday School classes, Mission opportunities, Discipleship Training, and Social Justice activities consistent with the vision of the Sr. Pastor. Develop and maintain a scheduled program of spiritual guidance and education for youth programs in accordance with the Baptist Faith and Sound Doctrine.
1. Relate the youth to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its youth. Lead youth to recognize the call of God in their life relating to vocation. Enlist the youth in worship, Bible study, prayer, and other Christian activities.
2. Conduct weekly services and/or ministry activities.
3. Develop, promote, and actively participate in youth programs that provide spiritual growth, fellowship activities and_noemailmunity engagement such as mission opportunities, camps, retreats, and_noemailmunity service projects.
4. Establish a regular program of visitation for and with the youth in cooperation with the overall church outreach program. Visit the local elementary, middle and high schools, and have personal contact with students at school-approved times. Maintain one-to-one contact with individual youth with an emphasis on reaching not just the youth, but the entire family.
5. Counsel/coach and/or provide appropriate programming for students and/or their parents on issues relating to salvation, their overall spiritual life, peer pressure, college choice, vocation selection, dating, life-mate, social and family relationships, and be available to listen and love our youth.
6. Participate in associational, state, international and convention-sponsored youth programs/events or mission activities.
7. Encourage students to participate in other church programs offered and sponsored by the church.
8. Provide recreational and fellowship activities for youth.
9. Implement changes in the youth ministry as needed for_noemailanization, space use, equipment and furnishing needs, policies and procedures, materials, programs, curriculum and education methods, after coordination with the staff member to which the Youth Pastor reports.
10. Enlist and train servant volunteers and paid youth workers. Manage, motivate, instruct, and coordinate the activities of the youth ministry teams. Ensure all team members are trained to lead youth to salvation and to nurture them in their Christian development. Ensure adequate adult sponsors are present for all youth programs and activities.
11. Ensure youth leaders and volunteers are in_noemailpliance with the church child protection policy and establish whatever policy (ies) is lacking.
12. Train youth in outreach, discipleship and evangelism.
13. Visit youth and youth leaders during difficult times, illnesses and hospital stays.
14. Provide guidance and training, as needed and/or requested, to ministries with youth participants.
15. Develop and expand youth ministry offerings to meet the growing needs of the youth.
Please visit our website to view a full position description. https://www.stjohnbaptistchurch_noemail/employment-opportunity/