Principal Functions as Youth Pastor
Support the ongoing ministry to high school and middle school students at Crossview Church by building positive relationships with youth and youth parents, modeling a Christ-like lifestyle and attitude, planning / leading / or assisting, as appropriate, at various ministry events that reinforce the Crossview vision, values, and mission.
Job Summary as Youth Pastor
Use his or her set of skills, knowledge, interests, and passions to help direct, support and enhance the Crossview student ministry. The individual will report to the Senior Pastor and Elders in growing the Youth Ministry in areas of Outreach, Spiritual Discipleship, Service, Activities, and integration of our Youth into various other Ministries of the church for their Spiritual Growth and His use.
Responsibilities and Expectations as Youth Pastor
The goal is to develop students who are increasing in their knowledge of God and His Word and are growing in their love for God and others.
1. Sunday School Teach the Senior High Sunday School and Middle High Sunday School class
2. Sunday Worship Attend every week sitting with or otherwise engaging the youth
3. Sunday Evening Youth Gathering Lead every week. Plan activities and teaching for the group
4. Wednesday Evening - Develop a Wednesday evening ministry for youth to emphasize discipleship, fellowship and outreach.
5. Follow up with youth prospects to evangelize or encourage continued participation in the ministry.
6. Attend Leadership Meetings with Senior Pastor / Elders as necessary.
Monthly or as scheduled
1. Youth Activities and Special Events Plan and Participate in youth activities and special events such as socials, outreach activities, ministry activities, and retreats. Co-ordinate the youth activities with the church calendar and be available to meetings as needed for co-ordination of activities involving the youth and church as a whole.
2. Meet with local school leaders in an effort to develop closer bonds with these schools and to provide students with authentic opportunities for worship and Bible study either in the schools or at Crossview.
1. Ensure that youth are provided with appropriate opportunities for mission trips, camps, Disciple Now weekends or other conferences with planning and coordination with the Student Ministry team.
2. Help develop Youth budget and administer Youth budget in accordance with financial policies.
3. Develop and communicate a vision for the youth ministry at Crossview, and modify it as lead by the Holy Spirit.
Crossview Staff Responsibilities
As a member of Crossview's Ministerial Staff, the Youth Pastor is expected to:
1. Have a positive working relationship with all leaders and members of the church body.
2. Adhere to all policies and procedures of the church including all financial policies, personnel guidelines, as well as working within the leadership structure and procedures of the church provided by the Constitution and By Laws of Crossview Baptist Church.
3. Be willing to conduct ministry with the church body including: hospital visits, ministry visits, pastoral care, funerals, weddings, outreach, and other duties as they arise.
4. Enthusiastically represent Jesus Christ to the community.
5. Demonstrate an appropriate work ethic for ministers, including attendance, office hours, responding to communication (phone call, e-mails
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Pastor Roger Brink