New Community Church
Category: Youth Pastor & Youth Ministry
Posted on: December 12, 2014
Provide passionate, visionary leadership for our youth ministry (6 – 12th grade) resulting in students connecting to Christ and growing in Christ-likeness.
- Develop a ministry strategy that reflects NCCs vision to "connect the disconnected and grow together towards full maturity in Christ"
- Implement a discipleship strategy that will help students be grounded in the Scriptures.
- Lead Wednesday night student service with a focus on small group discipleship and fun!
- Recruit, equip and mobilize a strong group of adult volunteers
- Ensure the physical safety of our students through appropriate safety and security measures and adequate numbers of adult volunteers and sponsors.
- Develop student leaders
- Plan and oversee all youth activities (summer camps, retreats, mission trips, service projects, outreach events, fun outings, etc...)
- Various duties as part of the pastoral staff
The qualities we are looking for...
- Obviously, an authentic, vibrant relationship with Jesus
- A calling to minister to students and parents
- Good with people... able to connect relationally with students and adults.
- A self-motivated, servant-leader with a strong work ethic
- Effective_noemailmunicator... able to teach God's word
- A strong leader, able to manage a large team of volunteers.
- Strong administrator, able to give attention to details and delegate responsibilities
- Creative and media savvy (graphics art and video editing skills are a huge plus)
Current snapshot of NCC's youth ministry:
We call the youth ministry Collision. Collision meets on Wednesday nights from 6:30 – 8:00. We play fun games, followed by at 10-15 min. teaching time followed by 30 – 45 minutes of small groups. We use the SOAP method of Bibles study (Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer) in the groups. We typically have 50 – 60 kids show up.
About New Community...
New Community is growing church located in Muskogee, Ok., a town of about 40k people. We are about 45 minutes southeast of Tulsa. Muskogee is a blue-collar town and although New Community is a progressive church in terms of our style, we have a distinct personality that seeks to fit our culture. Potential candidates need to feel_noemailfortable in a smaller town and be able to relate to rural American culture.
Hours: Approx. 40 per week... but whatever it takes.
Salary: $25,000 - $35,000/ year... depending on experience.
To apply, please email your resume to jobs@ne_noemailmunitychurch_noemail
Please include a family photo (helps to put a face with the name). Also, if you have any videos of yourself leading or teaching in any capacity, please upload and send us the link. If you have any samples of graphics or video editing we would love to see that as well.