Reports to: Senior Pastor and Board of Directors
Position Status: Hourly non-exempt at $24.50/hour; Part-time - 30 hours/week
To build young disciples for Christ by developing, implementing, and supervising a comprehensive approach to youth ministry in the areas of worship, discipleship, team building, fellowship, missions, and outreach while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
The Youth Pastor is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal morality and integrity as well as continue to grow in professional competence. The Youth Pastor must be a loyal follower of Jesus Christ and a committed member of Pomerado Christian Church as evidenced by examples of leadership, attendance, sacrifice, speech, conduct, and giving.
The Youth Pastor should have at least one of the following: 1) a BA or MA degree in Bible/Ministry, 2) some other formal theological training or be in process of obtaining a BA/MA and have two years of experience, or 3) four years of experience.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan and oversee all details involved with Sunday and midweek youth ministry programming for middle and high school youth. (e.g., gatherings, retreats, events, services and missions)
2. Recruit, develop and train a ministry team of adults and students. Empower them to be involved in the life of the students.
3. Identify and equip potential leaders within the youth ministry.
4. Create and provide timely communication for students and parents about middle and high school events.
5. Nurture in youth a sense of clear Christian identity through an understanding of God-given gifts and talents.
1. Create and provide timely communication (e.g., Sunday bulletin, The Voice, PCC website, newsletter) for the youth, parents, Senior Pastor, Board of Directors, Office Manager, Servant Leader team other staff and youth volunteers.
2. Maintain a working knowledge of each middle/high school student as well as the names of their parents. Create a personal connection with them.
3. Manage middle and high school youth ministry team members. Interview and place new team members according to their interest and abilities.
4. Pursue professional networking/growth opportunities.
5. Plan and communicate middle/high school youth programs, activities, and special events 3 months in advance.
6. Create and maintain control documents (e.g., student directory, volunteer job descriptions, background checks, etc.)
7. Enforce policies and procedures that relate to working with youth.
8. Review and manage budget, financial records and receipts.
1. Create annual ministry plan to include curriculum selection and development, parental engagement, and appropriate staffing.
2. Create and submit annual budget proposal.
3. Process required documents for youth participation in PCC activities.
4. Assess and address the needs of the youth, their parents and families as requested.
5. Review and maintain a ‘safe standards' environment.
6. Be open to assisting in any area as needed.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Possess firm foundation in biblical knowledge and God's word
2. Be self-motivated and able to accomplish tasks without direct supervision
3. Possess and demonstrate good organizational/administrative skills
4. Utilize good verbal and written communication skills
5. Properly prioritize tasks by use of time management skills
6. Meet deadlines
7. Work well with other members of PCC ministries
8. Delegate appropriately