As Youth Minister you will, through Bible-based teaching, walk with, and guide the children of our church into deeper and more meaningful relationships with the Lord. You will attend student functions at schools and home school events, grow relationships with the education community and come alongside parents in leading their children in relationships with the Lord.
To be successful in this position, you need to provide students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. You will need to have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and how to walk with them through them. You will build your ministries on the Acts 2:42 model. "And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers."
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing, growing, and coordinating the church's children and youth ministries.
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Designing, overseeing, and examining curriculums for all programs, events, and classes.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services.
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Teach and empower parents to be the main disciple-makers in their families.
- Sharing program plans through social media.
- Displaying a Christ-like approach and lifestyle and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- You will work with and report to the Senior Pastor.
If you would like to send a resume directly please send it to Ryan.Klotzle@gmail.com