|Print Now! | Back to Listing|
St. John's Presbyterian Church
Los Angeles, CA
Category: Children's Ministry
Posted on: May 08, 2019
Position Purpose: To share the love of Jesus Christ with the children and families of St. John's and the surrounding area and to nurture their faith as an integral part of the church community.
Accountable To: Pastor/Head of Staff, Growing in Faith Commission of Session
1. Develop and lead a program for children from infants through 6th grade age and their families, with a goal to facilitate and encourage the children to make a faith commitment to Jesus Christ and to nurture that commitment.
2. Establish and maintain a Ministry to parents that provides outreach and connection through activities such as: discussion forums, support groups, parent meetings, etc.
3. Recruit, equip, nurture and lead a volunteer Children and Family Ministries Support Team:
4. Coordinate and cooperate with other church staff and church lay leadership in order to proactively integrate Children and Family Ministries with the rest of the church.
5. Collaborate with the Director of Student and Youth Ministries:
6. Act as liaison with the Nursery School Director to support children's spiritual development, manage shared facilities, and outreach to Nursery School families.
7. Communicate with the Church family about program activities and topics through email, church newsletters, online church calendars, other social media and Sunday church service bulletins, as needed.
8. Develop new programs and events to increase outreach and support to families in the surrounding community, and strengthen the outreach components of existing programs.
9. Maintain a vital personal relationship of faith and discipleship with Jesus Christ and stay abreast of the current thinking and practice in Children and Family Ministries by attending relevant professional development conferences and reading current books on the subject.
|Copyright © 2002-2017 by C.M. Press, LLC. All Rights Reserved.|