|Print Now! | Back to Listing|
Christ's Church of the Valley
Category: Worship Leader
Posted on: May 29, 2019
Weekly Attendance: 1,700+
Mission/Vision: To Make More & Better Disciples
Job Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Worship and Creative Arts
Direct Report: Lead Worship Pastor
The Worship Pastor partners alongside the Lead Worship Pastor and arts ministry team in fostering a culture of authentic worship by designing excellent and inspiring music and arts environments for our weekend services and special events
About this Position:
The Worship Pastor will partner alongside the lead worship pastor to champion our effort to create a culture of authentic, meaningful worship by bringing people into deeper connection with Jesus through music, worship and creative interaction, helping to fulfill the mission of Christ's Church of the Valley in the weekend services and throughout the week.
Christ's Church of the Valley's (CCV) mission is to make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ. A core belief is that church is not just about weekend services – it's about people, mission, changing lives, and being a part of something that really matters. At CCV, weekend services are energetic, engaging, and a lot of fun. Teaching is Bible-based and practical. The result is a place where people from every spiritual background feel at home. Our worship style is reflective of the worship culture of today with artistic expressions that focus on the beauty of vocals, high quality instrumental expression, and theologically rich lyrics.
CCV is a growing and dynamic ministry environment at a key church that is having influence way beyond its geographical location. We are a church that sees the arts as essential to accomplishing our mission, and therefore desires a Worship Pastor who can create powerful worship moments and facilitate an authentic connection with God.
Find more information about us at ccvlive.com and ccvworship.com.
1. Work with the Lead Worship Pastor and Design Team as needed to help create meaningful and engaging worship services that have appropriate flow, transitions, and creative elements that connect with people and help break down the walls of seekers while at the same time edifying the hearts of believers. A result of this will be reflected in more corporate engagement throughout the service in singing, prayer, etc.
2. Work with the Lead Worship Pastor in creating a culture where the entire arts team grows in the understanding that worship is an outpouring of our love and gratitude for who God is and how He is working in our lives. We should see evidence of spiritual growth in our volunteers, not just on stage, but offstage as well. From the spiritual conversations that volunteers are having, to the way they live life in their community, we want to see a deep love for Jesus evident in every team member.
3. Work with the Lead Worship Pastor, arts team, producers, and key volunteers in stewarding worship resources and equipment by staying within budget parameters.
4. Serve as secondary Worship Leader for adult worship services and events.
5. Contribute to CCV Worship (the recording entity of CCV) in music recordings, conferences, and performances. This team will meet at least twice per month and will be expected to produce a new song at least once every quarter.
6. Support our Arts Team as a specialist in the areas of music and creative arts across all departments (Adults, Students, and Kids). Should
7. Lead a team of volunteers in the development of infrastructure to support the arts in adult and student ministries.
8. Function as primary Worship Leader for weekly student services while developing a team of worship leaders and musicians to use their gifts.
9. Provide arts support as needed in the production of all student ministry special events and other activities.
10. Plan, design, and produce weekly student worship services.
11. Serve as a member of the Student Ministry Teaching Team.
12. Be a creative force behind Student Nights of Worship, Stretch Middle School camp, and other major student events. Work with the Lead Worship Pastor, Arts Team, Student Ministry Team and Design Team to develop fresh, innovative experiences that are designed for believers to draw even closer to Jesus and express their love for Him through worship.
Worship Pastor Requirements:
* Passion for those far from God to move forward in meeting/knowing Him
* Strong vocal ability
* Strong instrumental ability (guitar and/or keys)
* Ability to read and write chord charts
* Ability to lead worship rehearsal (both vocal and instrumental)
* Ability to model authentic worship and engage a congregation in worship
* Participate in weekend service planning
* Recruit, train, encourage and care for volunteers
* Participation in staff meetings and other normal staff team responsibilities
* Assist in musical / technical support for special special events as needed
* Proven experience in a contemporary worship setting
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
|Copyright © 2002-2017 by C.M. Press, LLC. All Rights Reserved.|