Pastor of Worship and Arts, Pinon Hills Community Church, Farmington, New Mexico 1997 - 2003
- Responsible for enlisting and managing the highest quality of talent in the community for the purpose of fulfilling the worship and arts ministry goals and objectives of our church.
- Developing quality relationships with quality musicians within the community and the church, with the goal of bringing them together to produce excellent music, dramas, videos, specials, and other worship and performance elements.
- Serve as Pastor to those involved in my area of ministry.
- Member of the Executive Management Team representing the Worship and Arts Ministry.
- Manage all Arts staff including - Music assistant, Drama Director, Band Director, Choir Director, Sound Director, Video Director, Creative Dance Director, Music Interns and Recording Production Team.
- Manage the entire Communications Department - promotion, brochures, web, graphics, all publications and printed materials, advertising and more.
- Plan and lead all worship services and special events.
- Set vision for worship ministry to help support and compliment the vision of the Senior Pastor.
- Helping equip those with clear callings and talent in music and the arts in ministry.
- Directing a ministry with the highest caliber of talent, doing things with great excellence, so the Kingdom of God may be furthered and He would be honored by our worship.
- Teach worship to those in our congregation through our worship times, classes and small group venues.
- Communicate our philosophy of ministry and worship to those in the Worship and Arts ministry.
- Provide a host of opportunities to meet the needs of the talent within the church.
- Write, arrange, and transcribe music as needed for our services and productions.
- Bring in Concerts and Artists on special occasions.
- Offer support and resources to every area of our ministry.
- Develop and maintain the best worship ministry possible.
Founder and Managing Editor of ExperiencingWorship.com and Churchjobs.net, Fort Worth, TX 1997 - present
- Managing Editor of all content and web design for EXW.
- Work with various writers and contributors to promote the ministry objective of EXW.
- Manage a staff of eight writers and two web designers.
- Cast and carry out the vision of EXW.
- Enlist new contributors through relationships and web contacts.
Worship Pastor, First Baptist Church, Marshfield, Missouri 1995-1997
- Provide leadership in all areas of the Music Ministry of the church.
- Cast the vision for the Arts ministry and fill the positions needed to accomplish it.
- Lead and plan all worship services and special events.
- Coordinate with all music groups, technical personnel, volunteers, paid musicians and staff to fulfill the vision and programs of the Music Department of the church.
- Training of all technical areas of ministry.
- Part of the Executive Management Team representing the Worship and Arts ministry.
- Manage all paid and volunteer staff. Helping them set personal and church related goals.
- Implementing change in presentation and orchestration of the music during worship.
- Enlist and support drama and sound staff.
- Offer resources to every area of our ministry.
- Direct choral groups and all music groups.
Worship Pastor, Arapahoe Road Baptist Church, Littleton, Colorado 1993-1995
- Much of the same duties as mentioned in the churches above with less levels of leadership responsibilities.
Pastor of Worship and Youth, First Baptist Church, Quanah, Texas 1989 -1993
- Much of the same duties as mentioned in the churches above in the area of music.
- Enlist and train youth leaders.
- Manage a team of ten youth staff.
- Run and staff our Recreational facility for our youth, community and congregation.
- Develop a Youth Ministry that met the needs of the church and those in the community that needed Christ.
- Part of Leadership Team.
- Help in the design and planning of our Family Life Center.
Pastor of Youth and Education, Pali-View Baptist Church, Kaneohe, Hawaii 1986-1988
Volunteer Drama Director, Creative Evangelism Team, Honolulu, Hawaii 1986-1988
Music Director, Oklahoma Baptist University Revival Teams, 1983-1985
Toured with Various Professional Musical Groups, 1981 - 1986
Leadership, Management, Organization, and Equipping People for Ministry.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND STRENGTHS
Worship Leading, Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Computers, Choral Directing, Writing and Arranging Music, Recording, Drama Director, Sound Equipment, Music Software, Bass Guitar, Video, Lighting, Orchestra and Full Band, Writer, Author and Teacher.
Available upon request.
HOBBIES - Fishing, Bow Hunting, Trading Guitars, Home Builder and Remodeler
STATEMENT OF FAITH
I came to know the Lord as Savior at the age of fourteen at a youth camp in Honolulu, Hawaii. I was baptized and joined the Hawaii Kai Baptist Church where my father served as Pastor. The Lord called me to serve in full-time ministry at the age of eighteen while attending Oklahoma Baptist University. Since then I have sought the Lord's will for life in all I do. My desire in ministry is to serve the Lord in the local church. I desire to use my gifts and talents to further the gospel of Christ, to help churches become quality places where the arts are seen as awesome venues of ministry, and to serve along side men of God who are servants of grace for the Lord. I hope to continue to serve as a teacher of worship and music to those in my church and community.