Sun Valley Community Church
Category: Small Groups Pastor
Posted on: January 07, 2015
Summary of Position:
The GroupLife Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Sun Valley's Group Ministry. At Sun Valley we believe that life change happens best in the context of friendships centered on God's Word. GroupLife is at the hub of everything we do. The GroupLife Pastor has the full support of the Lead Pastor from the stage as well as their personal involvement in a Small Group. Present groups are primarily sermon-based, but there are also other segment studies such as Women's Bible Studies, Men's Bible Studies, Single's Groups, and Recovery Groups. The GroupLife Pastor should develop infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the churches ministry strategies and philosophy. This person will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity,_noemailmunity and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Experience leading groups, as well as building and sustaining systems that facilitate over 100 groups
- Strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, development, training, as well as strong relational abilities and a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet loves to live life with a team.
- A minimum of an earned Bachelor's Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Recruit, place, and develop leaders who in turn lead and develop group leaders
- Fully integrate recovery, care and local outreach into the GroupLife model and system
- Move people through the spiritual maturity pathway of helping people meet, know, and follow Jesus
- Continue a sermon-based philosophy of groups
- Work with and improve existing systems for groups within a multi-site model
- Live what they teach and live life in a group
Interested parties should email their resume to Linda Penrod lpenrod@sunvalleycc_noemail