Almaden Neighborhood Church
San Jose, CA
Posted on: January 11, 2015
Description: We are a vibrant, growing, multi-cultural church seeking a dynamic, skilled Associate Pastor of Worship to lead God's people in experiencing Christ through music and to assist in the pastoral duties of the church. We currently have an average Sunday morning attendance of about 130 people and are planning on adding a second worship service to increase our capacity. We are looking for a qualified person to work alongside the senior pastor to develop an atmosphere of worship that enables this culturally and generationally diverse congregation to find their voice in worshipping the Lord. The ideal candidate will work with our talented and willing group of volunteer musicians to train them musically and disciple them spiritually. We are looking for someone who will not only be a "worship leader" but a pastor who will help shepherd this growing congregation as we fulfill our vision to "Love God, love others and make disciples." The ideal candidate will be able to partner with our senior pastor in providing pastoral care to the church in the form of discipling, teaching and leading ministries. This is an exciting time to be a part of God's work as He is transforming this church into a people that powerfully experience His grace and impact their_noemailmunity and world with His love.
1. A passionate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. A person of character who abides by the biblical qualities of leaders found in
1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9.
3. Strong musical skills with ability to lead vocally and instrumentally. Ability to read and transpose music preferred.
4. Ability to work well with a team and lead with grace and truth.
5. Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
6. Good_noemailmunication skills and the ability to preach and teach.
7. Solid administrative skills with ability to initiate ministries, co-ordinate schedules and follow through.
8. A pastoral heart with the ability to counsel, disciple and encourage.
9. Teachable spirit and a willingness to grow and learn.
10. Ordained or ordainable by the Christian & Missionary Alliance.
11. M. Div or ministry related MA preferred.
Prayerfully choose songs for Sunday morning worship services that enhance the theme of that day's service. Work with the pastor to create an atmosphere of worship that develops each week's sermonic theme.
Coordinate with worship team to hold and lead rehearsals.
Help pioneer the creation of a second worship service (8:30am) and help define the musical style for that service.
Lead the time of worship during all services including appropriate scriptures and prayers as led by the Spirit.
Recruit and train new musicians and teammates.
Lead the worship team in times of spiritual growth and discipleship.
Work with Audio/Visual team to co-ordinate PowerPoint lyrics and sound balance.
Coordinate and schedule additional musical elements of the worship service including offertory and_noemailmunion music.
Be available to lead times of worship for additional events and services.
Be available to preach and to teach Bible studies as needed.
Be available for pastoral counseling, hospital visits and home visitation.
Be available to officiate weddings and funerals.
Initiate and assist in church ministries according to passion and gifting.
Mentor and raise up ministry leaders.
Assist with administrative and_noemailmunications tasks as needed.
Work with the senior pastor to define specific pastoral role according to gifting.
This full-time position will require about 20 hours per week in worship tasks and about 20 hours per week in pastoral tasks.
Send inquiries and resume to merryayres@gmail_noemail.
Find out more about the church at www.anchurch_noemail.